• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT, pickles and political therapy, perfect ending.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our kid is also becoming a free range baby. Starting to climb on/over everything. Yesterday, he managed to turn a laundry basket over, climb on top of it, and use it as a stepstool to get on top of our coffee table and try to wreak havoc. Pretty ingenuitive for 9 months. However, with these "black diamond adventures", as my blue-skier wife calls them, he's started racking up quite the number of minor injuries. A bit tough for me to just "let him learn" and bonk his head on stuff from time to time.

Bonk is a fun word, tho.
I was at the stove when I heard laughter. I turned to see our daughter on the kitchen table WTFSHECANCLIMB?
She has swung the hanging light and it's swinging back at her when my wife catches it at the last second.

I'm not certified in infant CPR and have two teenage kids.

i honestly always just figured I could probably google infant cpr and remember/see how to do it fast enough in a situation where it would be needed

we just took one of the like two hours virtual prenatal classes for it

I remember very little from that class

i honestly always just figured I could probably google infant cpr and remember/see how to do it fast enough in a situation where it would be needed
IIRC they told us in the course that the Red Cross has an app where you can like do it alongside

I guess better than nothing but chances that the infant cpr is put to correct use in the case that it is needed is probably an astronomical low percentage.

as we've started transitioning boy to solids, we've probably been a little overcautious out of fear

me personally, my brain knows rationally that he's not going to choke on the stuff we're giving him, but damned if every time he gags once, that thought isn't overridden by "oh, fuck, our boy's dead, he's never going to breathe again, great" panic

that probably goes away at some point, right

as we've started transitioning boy to solids, we've probably been a little overcautious out of fear

me personally, my brain knows rationally that he's not going to choke on the stuff we're giving him, but damned if every time he gags once, that thought isn't overridden by "oh, fuck, our boy's dead, he's never going to breathe again, great" panic

that probably goes away at some point, right
I was the same way. It definitely goes away as kiddo himself gets more confident.

he did house like half of a side of mac and cheese the other day when I took him to the place down the road so maybe I'm doing better than I'm letting on

Y’all should just live near your parents and brothers and sisters. Makes it hella easy to get a sitter.

at like 9-10 months old? that's awesome
it was off of the kids menu and they were tiny noodles that I fed to him first half of one at a time, then one at a time, then two at a time (as @TY Based Giroud was getting visibly irritated with how slow this lunch was progressing) then finally three at a time

I made marcella hazan's bolognese recipe on NYE -- it's my favorite bolognese recipe and I've made it a bunch

this time I quadrupled it and we are coming up in the last of the leftovers. a little bummed.

my buddy independently made it yesterday too. such a good fucking recipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back