• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT Redux: Comedy has died

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've come to love a good prime rib in my 30s. Filets aren't bad. They're just boring imo.

bro, filet is hella lame. only time I ever eat it is I usually cook a whole tenderloin for my family at the holidays, and it's made better with horseradish sauce and mushrooms, but gimme that fattier, beefier flavor from other cuts (or a burger).

This.

We ate at Hall's in Charleston with another couple not too long ago (possibly my favorite steakhouse). Three of us split a KC Strip & dry aged Ribeye, which were incredible. My wife's friend insisted on ordering a filet, which was comparatively a flavorless, texture-less, baseball sized hunk of lean meat. We ended up just sharing everything because she was disappointed how bad it was compared to the other cuts.

Growing up all I ate was filet when having a steak, as that was all my family would grill out for a "special dinner". As I've grown older I typically just buy the nicest cut at the best price from the butcher at Harris Teeter, Fresh Market or Lowes. Oftentimes I land on a tasty, affordable Strip.

Wife and I eat chicken, fish and pasta every week, with a couple of date nights that could include anything from thai,to sushi, to bar food and everything in between.

I probably eat a nice steak twice a month.

Obligatory Putters shout-out-- their steaks are slap city.

At a nice steakhouse I usually look for some sort of higher end bone-in option. Grilling at home sort of take the Creamy approach of looking at what looks good any particular day at Whole Foods.

Haven’t tried one since the surgery, don’t know if a filet would even be worth the risk of cramping/constant shitting.

I only ask about a filet because it is the least fatty cut. I enjoy a filet every once in a while, but definitely prefer ribeyes and strips.

At a nice steakhouse I usually look for some sort of higher end bone-in option. Grilling at home sort of take the Creamy approach of looking at what looks good any particular day at Whole Foods.

You and Mako's mom, keeping the economy humming.

There are about 50 fish I’d rather have than any cut of steak.

There are about 50 fish I’d rather have than any cut of steak.

Name 'em.

I love seafood and probably agree, as long as it's fresh and cooked properly. Also love how some former "trash fish" have become more mainstream and are delicious. Thing like tilefish, triggerfish, wreckfish, etc.

Filet's are kinda hard to cook right at home. At steakhouses they're better, but that's probably just cause of the amount of Butter on them. I'm a strip guy myself now, but can't get into ribeyes.

what’s the draw to public defense for you?

The lack of equal justice in this country is one of the biggest black eyes that rarely gets talked about. At the state level, PDs are overworked and underpaid and it CAN lead to poor representation.

In a criminal context, nearly every advantage lays with the prosecution and they can absolutely steamroll defendants who don’t have adequate representation. Think about THE STATE OF NORTH CAROLINA versus Joe Blow. I just want the government to have to play by the rules and I’ve seen numerous examples of that not happening.

So, all things being equal, that’s what I would do. In reality I have bills and loans.

Filet's are kinda hard to cook right at home. At steakhouses they're better, but that's probably just cause of the amount of Butter on them. I'm a strip guy myself now, but can't get into ribeyes.

You almost burned your house down doing basic cooking, so you may not be the best judge.

We do filets and NY Strips. We switch it up between sous vide finished in a cast iron and seared in a cast iron and finished in the oven.

The lack of equal justice in this country is one of the biggest black eyes that rarely gets talked about. At the state level, PDs are overworked and underpaid and it CAN lead to poor representation.

In a criminal context, nearly every advantage lays with the prosecution and they can absolutely steamroll defendants who don’t have adequate representation. Think about THE STATE OF NORTH CAROLINA versus Joe Blow. I just want the government to have to play by the rules and I’ve seen numerous examples of that not happening.

So, all things being equal, that’s what I would do. In reality I have bills and loans.

My man

Last word on filets. There's a reason they're often served with rich sauces and accompaniments. So much less flavor.

I did have a filet once in France, served au poivre with seared foie gras on top, that was one of the coolest overall dishes I've eaten, though.

Y'all should really try eating less meat. Tofu has some really nice, juicy cuts.

Y'all should really try eating less meat. Tofu has some really nice, juicy cuts.

Or at least less pork and beef. What’s the most environmentally responsible bird to eat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back