• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT Redux: Comedy has died

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're too quick for me... Tried to post some of my favorites and you were already there.

I'm A Thug
In Da Wind

And, for the record, I like steak.

I also like fish.

Over the years, I've decided I don't like shrimp that much. But I'll eat it.

I eat a lot of chicken, but I can't say I enjoy it all that much. It's just kind of the default protein for dishes I really like.

And now I'm caught up.

What is everyone's favorite fish?

Freshwater its probably Rainbow or Crappie(Damn, crappie lightly fried is delicious)

Saltwater-Swordfish, Grouper or Redsnapper

Although if I'm at a really good sushi place I'm gonna crush some octopus. (I'm aware it's a mollusk)

We do a lot of salmon and tilapia at home. I also make a nice tuna tartare on occasion.

I rarely eat fish out but it’s usually Chilean sea bass.

Also a big fan of grouper and Mahi Mahi.

Freshwater probs rainbow trout (we're good friends with the owners of Sunburst). Saltwater I love amberjack, tuna, red snapper, grouper, and pretty much any shellfish. I rarely cook seafood at home here (except trout or salmon) because I'm spoiled by what I can get when I go visit family on the Gulf Coast, and we had one of the best seafood markets in the country in our hometown, with shrimp boats pulling up to the dock to unload their catch. Pretty much always have to grill some tuna when at home -- this market will cut you steaks however thick you want right off the loin, then after they weigh it and print out the price will throw in a hunk of tuna belly for free.

Also love fried mullet, which is a staple back home. As a kid, I long knew of mullet the fish before I did the haircut.

Freshwater probs rainbow trout (we're good friends with the owners of Sunburst). Saltwater I love amberjack, tuna, red snapper, grouper, and pretty much any shellfish. I rarely cook seafood at home here (except trout or salmon) because I'm spoiled by what I can get when I go visit family on the Gulf Coast, and we had one of the best seafood markets in the country in our hometown, with shrimp boats pulling up to the dock to unload their catch. Pretty much always have to grill some tuna when at home -- this market will cut you steaks however thick you want right off the loin, then after they weigh it and print out the price will throw in a hunk of tuna belly for free.

Also love fried mullet, which is a staple back home. As a kid, I long knew of mullet the fish before I did the haircut.

Fried mullet is indeed delicious. I also like some cod.

I love the Woodstock/Wilkes County contingents discussing Trick Daddy this morning

why I come to these boards

I’m pretty basic fish-wise, plus I have small kids so I only get to do fish on occasion and when I do it’s salmon. If I’m lucky i can make some fish tacos with tilapia. On rare occasion when I get to make dinner for myself and it’s fish, I marinate and sear a tuna steak.

I’m pretty basic fish-wise, plus I have small kids so I only get to do fish on occasion and when I do it’s salmon. If I’m lucky i can make some fish tacos with tilapia. On rare occasion when I get to make dinner for myself and it’s fish, I marinate and sear a tuna steak.

My kids would rather eat salmon than anything else in the world.

My kids aren’t that picky of eaters but they’re at an age where I’m not going to force too hard on things like salmon. They get to try it at least. I’ll give it a couple years before I make it our main course.

I'm going to make chili this weekend, which I think my son will love, but he has a pretty low spice tolerance. So it's gonna be tricky figuring out how spicy to make it, and then I'll just add a lot hot sauce for myself.

What are your thoughts on fish or Trick Daddy?

could it be my baggy jeans that make me different from y'all?

re: fish, I don't eat a lot -- I don't eat much meat/fish generally and I live in the Midwest -- so I'm not much of a good discussion buddy on these topics

to me, the way the fish is prepared is more of a factor than the fish itself -- I like big flavors from fish dishes

that said, I remove fish sauce from most curry, etc. recipes that call for it -- I just don't love it, prefer fresher herb and citrus flavors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back