• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT Redux: Comedy has died

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think I've ever had properly cooked tofu. Every time I've had it, it's had a terribly springy/spongy texture with little to no flavor.

I think I’ve read rabbit is another good meat for sustainability.

I really wish that whole hippo farming thing back in 1910 had taken off.

Maybe it’s because it’s shitty supermarket tofu but even when I marinate it for days I can’t shake that…industrial…flavor. Just can’t do it. If I need do to something non-meat for protein in a meal I make something with beans and lentils. I’ve also had meat replacement soy ground “beef” in like a stew which was ok but it wasn’t terribly healthy.

Maybe it’s because it’s shitty supermarket tofu but even when I marinate it for days I can’t shake that…industrial…flavor. Just can’t do it. If I need do to something non-meat for protein in a meal I make something with beans and lentils. I’ve also had meat replacement soy ground “beef” in like a stew which was ok but it wasn’t terribly healthy.

I get this. I agree that tofu can be great but it is also really easy for it to be blah and gross. One tip I have is to get extra firm tofu, then wrap it in paper towels and press the water out. Then douse it is soy sauce before you marinate because the salts in the soy sauce will draw the marinade flavors into the tofu better. Of course that means all your marinades have to mix well with soy sauce. It works great with bbq sauce then fried in a pan with butter. I also reckoned fairly thin slices.

If we really care about sustainability we need to start eating all these excess people.

I never choose to go to a steakhouse, but I do enjoy steak. I could live on protein only. The fattier the better. It is my retirement plan. I think a bone in rib-eye has the highest ceiling. Flat iron steak is the best value. I also like oxtail, but its price has risen. Filet is fine, but boring. My favorite part of the cow has to be the short rib.

press firm tofu dry
toss in oil, soy, sauce, cornstarch
bake or fry
eat

mapo tofu is a HOF Chinese dish imo

Had probably my favorite pizza I’ve had in quite some time tonight. Sourdough crust, pork belly, honey, mozzarella, goat cheese, and arugula. Wood fired with some nice blistering. Friend had mushroom, mozzarella, ricotta, truffle oil, and an egg sunny side up. It was also incredible. I’ve never seen a pizza with an egg on it but was delicious.

Had probably my favorite pizza I’ve had in quite some time tonight. Sourdough crust, pork belly, honey, mozzarella, goat cheese, and arugula. Wood fired with some nice blistering. Friend had mushroom, mozzarella, ricotta, truffle oil, and an egg sunny side up. It was also incredible. I’ve never seen a pizza with an egg on it but was delicious.

That’s not a pizza, that is a quiche.

what's ph's thoughts on harry potter? likes star wars and marvel fantasy, dislikes LOTR fantasy. my money is he dislikes HP too. wizards are just too far!

I'll bet Ph likes Harry Potter World at Universal

I like both. I’ve seen all the HP films recently and they hold up. I hope the rumored show gets made but I doubt it due to the Rowling backlash.

I can't handle more than 1 topping on a pizza.

awaken can't handle seeing a woman in a thong at 1212 am

I feel like Trick Daddy’s catalogue is seriously underappreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back