• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT Redux: Comedy has died

Status
Not open for further replies.
is it called the Closer bc it's the end of his Netflix deal or he's retiring?

Lol butthurt ATS.

Nah, not butthurt. I just hate all the stupid, unoriginal rivalry jokes people have. The SEC ones are the worst because every single school's fanbase (aside from Vandy) is made up primarily of rural southerners, who are pretty alike in most ways. If you listen to 5 minutes of Finebaum (or even Packer), you're guaranteed to hear some tired joke about someone's rival. UF=jorts, UT=overalls, LSU=corn dogs, etc

You're better than that, Biff.

Oh, and 44-28 in the most recent meeting, bro.

is it called the Closer bc it's the end of his Netflix deal or he's retiring?

He said it's the last one he will be doing got the foreseeable future. My guess is end of current Netflix deal. They could restructure another one down the road.

It took a turn for the super sad the last 10 min of the special.

St. Louis is horrible. First place I've been where I was astonished how barren and lifeless it is. The locals I talked to all wanted to leave. They seemed trapped. Busch Stadium looked incredible though. I'm sure baseball season near there is pretty cool.

Yeah, Phoenix is crazy spread out. You ever worked in Albuquerque? My brother travels all the time for work and he says it's his favorite destination.

Albuquerque is fun. It's a regular destination.

I used to live in Tampa and hated flying to Atlanta for work trips. Now I live in Atlanta, so I don't hate anywhere I travel to.

We went to Atlanta on a family road trip for 3 days. My 9 year old decided Atlanta is his favorite city and he's going to go Tech and become an engineer.

I went to a conference in San Antonio for four days and stayed on the Riverwalk. San Antonio is the shit.

Agreed. Went to a conference that ended up being during Fiesta and it was a lot of fun. I feel like I barely scratched the surface. Good family town. People seem real nice.

backlash to the backlash to the thing that's just begun

I really hate Soundgarden but I love this song.

Do you have any songs that you love from bands you otherwise hate?

St. Louis is horrible. First place I've been where I was astonished how barren and lifeless it is. The locals I talked to all wanted to leave. They seemed trapped. Busch Stadium looked incredible though. I'm sure baseball season near there is pretty cool.

Albuquerque is fun. It's a regular destination.

We went to Atlanta on a family road trip for 3 days. My 9 year old decided Atlanta is his favorite city and he's going to go Tech and become an engineer.

Agreed. Went to a conference that ended up being during Fiesta and it was a lot of fun. I feel like I barely scratched the surface. Good family town. People seem real nice.

Fiesta is the GOAT.

I really hate Soundgarden but I love this song.

Do you have any songs that you love from bands you otherwise hate?

A song I hate from an artist I love is Old Black Hen from Songs: Ohia

Ruins an otherwise perfect album

how do all the other 90s alt rock bands compensate Pixies for their dynamics/sound

is it financial or do they just send Frank Black a very nice letter every year

A song I hate from an artist I love is Old Black Hen from Songs: Ohia

Ruins an otherwise perfect album

A "song" I hate from bands I love is whenever they do an extended Drums sequence: Dead (+ Space), Allman Bros, Panic, etc. It's sorta cool in person, but when listening to the show it's an instant skip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back