• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT Redux: Comedy has died

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't ever travel for work, but I freakin' loved Phoenix and I always enjoy Atlanta as well. St Louis was pretty fun and thankfully I've never had to go to Kansas City. My brother lived in Boston for a couple years and I really dug that town as well. Richmond sucks though.

if you're vacationing in phoenix, it's fine. nice resorts and golf. but if you're working it's hot as hell and spread out all over creation so it takes an hour to get anywhere. Atlanta is a more humid, less scenic phoenix, except with 3x more traffic. St Louis is completely forgettable - the Greensboro of Missouri.

All of these towns have good places to eat and drink, so i'm not judging based on that. It's more just a vibe that I get after a few days in town. (Note: i grew up in Atlanta.)

I played pick-up with my high school kids for an hour and a half yesterday and then went home and mowed the lawn and I am legit having trouble getting out of my chair this morning.

Old_man_sitting_on_traditional_chair%2C_Nicosia.jpg

i actually think that was a marketing slogan for St Louis. Like Greensboro, but in Missouri, and less interesting. St. Louis makes Atlanta look world class.

if you're vacationing in phoenix, it's fine. nice resorts and golf. but if you're working it's hot as hell and spread out all over creation so it takes an hour to get anywhere. Atlanta is a more humid, less scenic phoenix, except with 3x more traffic. St Louis is completely forgettable - the Greensboro of Missouri.

All of these towns have good places to eat and drink, so i'm not judging based on that. It's more just a vibe that I get after a few days in town. (Note: i grew up in Atlanta.)

Yeah, Phoenix is crazy spread out. You ever worked in Albuquerque? My brother travels all the time for work and he says it's his favorite destination.

So I'm engaged in a pretty epic battle of the wills right now with the 6yo. She wants to dress up as Belle for Halloween, and she wants me to be the Beast, but there's no way in hell I'm not gonna be Gaston. He's pretty much my hero.

With 3 kids, the family stuff never seems to work out. Like my 7yo daughter will come up with something good for 4 of us and then the last person just has to get shoe-horned into whatever makes sense. Not everyone is happy.

Frozen - Daughters can be Elsa & Anna. I could be Cristophe. My 3yo son could be Olaf. My wife could be... Sven?
Wizard of Oz - Daughter could be dorothy. Son could be Toto. Wife could be Wicked Witch. I could be Scarecrow, Lion, or Tin Man. Other daughter could be... ???
Incredibles - Mr & Mrs. Incredible... easy. The two kids.... easy. My other daughter... ???

But yeah, you've gotta be Gaston in that scenario. Have your wife or other daughter be the beast. But remember, if you are Gaston, you need someone to be your LaFou hype man.

Jorts, crocs, mullet wig, and Gators t-shirt is always a can't-miss costume.

UGA fans throwing shade at UF fans is one of the dumbest things I can think of, having lived in both areas for ~10 years each.

Redneck is redneck.

Heading to Richmond. Top five least favorite cities to travel to. I might drop it out of the top five if I can find a really good taco joint

I like going to Richmond.

Not a ton to do, but there are some good restaurants and breweries, which is all I really need when I'm in town for a night or two. There are also some really good running trails around the river.

But I like visiting pretty much any city for work because it means my wife and kids aren't around and I have some time to myself.

I used to live in Tampa and hated flying to Atlanta for work trips. Now I live in Atlanta, so I don't hate anywhere I travel to.

Yeah, Phoenix is crazy spread out. You ever worked in Albuquerque? My brother travels all the time for work and he says it's his favorite destination.

nope - i do like Albuquerque though.

El Paso is another city that really sucks; fortunately i have only had to go there once.

Oh, speaking of spread out "cities"... I don't like Jacksonville. Thankfully, I rarely have to go there... Maybe once a year.

Oh, speaking of spread out "cities"... I don't like Jacksonville. Thankfully, I rarely have to go there... Maybe once a year.

Yeah. I can’t imagine it’s a great place to travel to on business. When you live there it’s different because everybody just kind of stays in their immediate area.

Not Phoenix but close enough in Tempe there is a new development that is completely car free. There’s a light rail station right at the corner of it. I’m intrigued at the idea of it.

Culdesac.com

yeah jacksonville was a definite oversight on my list. i'll bump phoenix for jacksonville. also orlando sucks other than the theme parks. All the downsides of Florida with no beaches? SIGN ME UP

I haven’t spent a lot of time in either but enjoyed my time in both Richmond and Kansas City

i have spent a lot of time in richmond in recent years and love it

would live there, fun town

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back