• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT Redux: Comedy has died

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just heard Fancy for the first time in a while and holy fuck we were ok with listening to some problematic shit in 80s country.

(I know it’s a Bobbie Gentry song but cmon Reba owns it now)

what's your question

Mostly are people really traveling to Greenville & Alexandria? I’ve never thought “wow, I would really like to take a trip to Greenville/Alexandria.”

Saying Nashville has a small-town feel seems odd. I also have no desire to go there.

NYC is great and all, but is it really #2?

as long as we're not questioning #1...

I actually think New York is #1 -- I love it

when I worked for the State Dept. gig out of Wake we would take the European kids to Philly to learn about America

twice in three years we had these kids try to take a train on their own to NYC

I just heard Fancy for the first time in a while and holy fuck we were ok with listening to some problematic shit in 80s country.

Bruh, Fancy is a treasure.

Ok so I watched the new Chappelle stand-up after discussing it with one of my trans students who said he was going to watch it tonight, and I’m gonna get his thoughts on it tomorrow before I form my opinion. I personally thought it was pretty damn funny and the scathing reviews I read didn’t really seem like they had actually watched it, but I obviously don’t have the same experiences that a transgender person would have had, and this kid is usually pretty damn insightful and honest so I’m interested to hear his perspective.

I visited Greenville a couple times when my brother lived there and thought it was a cool city, definitely up and coming. Feels like they are way overstating its case here though. Also including both Alexandria and DC makes absolutely no sense.

There was a lot of old country that makes you shake your head now. Stand by Your Man was about loving your husband even if he came home drunk or beat you or cheated on you because he can’t help it.

There was a lot of old country that makes you shake your head now. Stand by Your Man was about loving your husband even if he came home drunk or beat you or cheated on you because he can’t help it.

I just queued it up. Man, sad song. Her voice sounds so sad. It's probably been 20 years since I've heard this song.

Ok so I watched the new Chappelle stand-up after discussing it with one of my trans students who said he was going to watch it tonight, and I’m gonna get his thoughts on it tomorrow before I form my opinion. I personally thought it was pretty damn funny and the scathing reviews I read didn’t really seem like they had actually watched it, but I obviously don’t have the same experiences that a transgender person would have had, and this kid is usually pretty damn insightful and honest so I’m interested to hear his perspective.

Is this the one with bonus material after the credits? Like he explains his thinking behind some bits that came across poorly?

Now in this world
There's a lot of self-righteous hypocrites that call me bad

I visited Greenville a couple times when my brother lived there and thought it was a cool city, definitely up and coming. Feels like they are way overstating its case here though. Also including both Alexandria and DC makes absolutely no sense.

Yeah I think Greenville is cool but never would want to take a trip there outside of visiting friends or family.

Wife’s inner backwoods trash came out in a hard way tonight and she got a hankering for some livermush so I fried that shit up and put it on toasted white bread with Mayo and the last of the garden tomatoes. I may have a heart attack but it was worth it.

Yeah I think Greenville is cool but never would want to take a trip there outside of visiting friends or family.

Yeah. Living in Asheville it’s fun to sometimes go down for a show at the Peace Center, and I hope Pearl Jam returns one day. They have a nice downtown which would suit you fine if you lived there, plenty of good jobs too. But I would never just take a touristy visit there unless I was coming to see a Clemson game or something.

Drinking bourbon out by the fire makes for a very fine evening.

Wife’s inner backwoods trash came out in a hard way tonight and she got a hankering for some livermush so I fried that shit up and put it on toasted white bread with Mayo and the last of the garden tomatoes. I may have a heart attack but it was worth it.

I'm a little sad that I now know what livermush is.

I didn’t bother clicking on the link but the answer is usually rich young white people.

That list is particularly white. Santa Fe is pretty awesome though. I have a conference in Albuquerque or Santa Fe every few years and we always check out the other when we go. I have a Wake friend who lives in Taos so I’m looking forward to checking that out next time.

My dad works for a big IT consulting firm that does infrastructure design for state Medicare/Medicaid systems and he has been talking about going to Santa Fe to work on a project for New Mexico. Seems like a cool spot but my Mom is very resistant to relocating now that my brother and I are both within spitting distance.

I imagine you’d be hard pressed to find a mom who doesn’t like Santa Fe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back