• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT Redux: Comedy has died

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got something a little better this time. Assistant Professor in Moving-Image Studies and Critical Race and Ethnic Studies. They're looking for someone with a PhD in film studies, media studies, cultural studies, communication, or other related field. Not in Hawaii though.

damn i sincerely appreciate that (and it's defs in my area) but I only have my MA in hand at this point

damn i sincerely appreciate that (and it's defs in my area) but I only have my MA in hand at this point

No problem. I'll keep a look out. I know a few people in the department. One guy does a podcast on the role of money in intersectional politics. He's an MMT advocate and does a side podcast on how neoliberalism is promoted in film. Real good guy.

Kinda hard to do comedy if you can't make fun of people anymore. When you see some of the stuff the progressive comedy crowd follows, it pretty much universally involves a really unfunny dude with a mustache.

I’m assuming progressive comedy is about as funny as British humor or your local improv group.

Kinda hard to do comedy if you can't make fun of people anymore. When you see some of the stuff the progressive comedy crowd follows, it pretty much universally involves a really unfunny dude with a mustache.

or women

You can make fun of people without punching down at marginalized people.

You can make fun of people without punching down at marginalized people.

Not being a dick but I ask again have you watched it? I’m interested on your take on one part in particular.

speaking of cancelled folks and comedy, the 19:50 mark just absolutely killed me

HAHHA. FUCKING KIDS. FUNNY, AMIRITE? SURE DO WORRY ABOUT THOSE KIDS. HAVING SEXY SEX. Kid fucking.

Facts

"going to go get a frosty" was the euphemism for going to bang my girlfriend back in HS. We'd be watching a movie in the living room at her house surrounded by her protective parents and she'd tell her parents that we were going to go get frosty's. We'd drive about half a block down the road, park under a tree and I'd totally give her the business. After awhile I'm pretty sure her folks caught on.

Jesus Christ, I sound like RJ.

If true, Frosty >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> McDonald’s apple pie.

I'm overly sensitive to it. I try to take it in stride, but my job fucks my head up to just hate the shit out of kids getting hurt.

Palma gonna steal this thing again in the dead of the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back