• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT - see post #1 in this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lawyers are the fucking worst. I had a meeting with one of their clients scheduled for today. Lawyer drives down from Raleigh, observes, contributes absolutely nothing. Couldn’t answer the one basic question I had for her, and made it obvious that things will be dragged out unnecessarily. All while billing the client for drive time and meeting time. And this is a matter that will be settled for not a big sum of money.

But was he wearing a suit?

High-Five! No billables crew.

Holla!!! Yeah, leaving Big Law has, with some very specific exceptions, been the best decision I've ever made. Start a new(ish) job effective 12:01 am on Tuesday (though I've been doing it for a bit now, as well as my current/old job). My current company is spinning off half of the company and I'm going with the new company. So I've been working Big Law hours again, but at least there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Holla!!! Yeah, leaving Big Law has, with some very specific exceptions, been the best decision I've ever made. Start a new(ish) job effective 12:01 am on Tuesday (though I've been doing it for a bit now, as well as my current/old job). My current company is spinning off half of the company and I'm going with the new company. So I've been working Big Law hours again, but at least there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

You going to be GC now?

There are at least 5 Four Tops songs I’d rather listen to than any Temptations song. Why are the temptations considered the gold standard of Motown.

Anyone got San Antonio recs? Going for a work conference, will be staying right on the River walk. Looking at google maps looks like a huge amount of tourist shit around there.

Anyone got San Antonio recs? Going for a work conference, will be staying right on the River walk. Looking at google maps looks like a huge amount of tourist shit around there.

This place was great: http://zincwine.com/

The River Walk mostly sucks. Way over priced and crowded.

There are some descent hiking and bird sports north/west of the city. You might see Black Capped Vireos and Golden Cheeked Warblers depending on the time of year. I think we went here, https://tpwd.texas.gov/state-parks/government-canyon, did a 5 mile hike and I got my lifer Golden-Fronted Woodpecker.

Pearl district is fun.

I started a thread on it prepandemic for a conference I went to there and it had a ton of good recs. Eat breakfast tacos. If you jog the riverwalk in the morning is great.

I enjoyed the Esquire bar but really just lean into it. Walk around the river walk with an open beer and enjoy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back