• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT - see post #1 in this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have recently become dissatisfied with our overpriced coffee maker and are now making French press every morning with some gourmet-ass beans. Fancy as fuck.

Speaking of appliances I'm on a Seinfeld marathon this morning and I kinda wanna buy a meat slicer just so I can make "where does the meat go" jokes to myself. I'm surprised they only run $300-$400

Speaking of appliances I'm on a Seinfeld marathon this morning and I kinda wanna buy a meat slicer just so I can make "where does the meat go" jokes to myself. I'm surprised they only run $300-$400

One of the board historians can probably dig up the post but I have a vague memory of 2&2 talking about getting a deli slicer as a wedding gift.

I was doing a French Press exclusively until I learned the health effects of not using a cloth filter

One of the board historians can probably dig up the post but I have a vague memory of 2&2 talking about getting a deli slicer as a wedding gift.
I remember that thread, but can't remember who it was.

We purchased one for the farm a few weeks ago from MEAT!.com I love ours. We started curing our own bacon and slicing it. Also got a meat grinder and dehydrator to make jerky. It's a little bit of effort, but the savings are immense, especially buying whole pork belly to make bacon.

What are the health effects of not using a filter? Our nanny turned us on to Colombian instant coffee too, which is absolutely delicious.

Took the 16 month old inside a brewery today while our house was being cleaned, one of three indoor dining experiences in his lifetime. Felt like biff would be proud. Then again DC has a proof of vax mandate so maybe not. Idk what makes biff happy. Also our house is clean as shit!

I remember that thread, but can't remember who it was.

We purchased one for the farm a few weeks ago from MEAT!.com I love ours. We started curing our own bacon and slicing it. Also got a meat grinder and dehydrator to make jerky. It's a little bit of effort, but the savings are immense, especially buying whole pork belly to make bacon.

Any way I could get some ultra low sodium, or sodium free bacon from y'all?

What are the health effects of not using a filter? Our nanny turned us on to Colombian instant coffee too, which is absolutely delicious.

Took the 16 month old inside a brewery today while our house was being cleaned, one of three indoor dining experiences in his lifetime. Felt like biff would be proud. Then again DC has a proof of vax mandate so maybe not. Idk what makes biff happy. Also our house is clean as shit!

Just live in the moment man. Live for yourself and your own happiness, not mine. Clean house is pretty clutch though.

Any way I could get some ultra low sodium, or sodium free bacon from y'all?
Yeah, I'll have to experiment a little. My first round was more salty than I prefer. Almost country ham flavor. I've had to soak it in water before cooking to make it more palatable. I'll experiment with the curing and let you know when I have some I feel are worthy.

So just uncured pork belly? Not sure how you can have bacon without salt.

Yeah I'm not sure it's possible but I would be cooking it quickly.

Having to live with a low sodium diet due to some heart stuff, and giving up bacon is a tough ask lol.

Yeah I'm not sure it's possible but I would be cooking it quickly.

Having to live with a low sodium diet due to some heart stuff, and giving up bacon is a tough ask lol.
If you want I can buy a whole belly, smoke it, then freeze it and slice it without curing. Not sure how chewy it'll be, but we can try slicing it thin.

The stuff you can buy in store is about 150mg per slice. Having 3 or 4 slices along with anything else when trying to stay around 1500mg per day is a tough ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back