• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT VT Fournication: Nothing ever lasts forever. Everybody wants to rule the chat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone on here end up summa cum laude? I think that was like 3.8 when I graduated and in the program that day there were maybe 10-15 names there. Seemed unachievable. I ended up cum laude which was 3.4+ so you bet I put that on a resume.
gotta think that the venn diagram of CT posters (who like to waste time) and 4.0 GPAs shows no overlap

This sums up my freshman year also 😂

I got a fairly early first semester class registration time and remember poring over “Virtual Ratings” to find professors that sounded somewhat reasonable. Not early enough to get every first choice but the strategy seemed to pay off. Don’t remember my grades but they were ok I think.

Also helped that my calc class was about 1/2 a repeat of my ap calc so starting off the GPA with an A there helped a ton.

I could probably list out all my A’s as there were not many. I also specifically remember having the 3rd highest grade in an accounting class of 50 and getting a B

You really felt bad for the kids who were screwed into late times and got a first year seminar like The Philosophy of Harsh Grading Standards.

• Haha
Reactions: WRS
She did that in our classes too. I remember her posting the distribution of our shitty numerical scores after tests and how she curved them into letter grades. Not a lot of A’s to be had. It was pretty much just AttitudeDeac and a couple others.

Sounds like Lee Knight.
I studied abroad with her daughter, who passed away a few years ago. We were good friends then and when I got back home but fell out of touch. She had been living in Colombia and I was visiting for work and reached out, but she was out of town. Then she was gone a few weeks later.

You really felt bad for the kids who were screwed into late times and got a first year seminar like The Philosophy of Harsh Grading Standards.
this me. the freshman orientation schedule said registration lasted until like 6 pm that day but my registration time was like 7:50 pm and there were like 3 first year seminars left. went with Politics and the Arts, which I thought would be about like protest songs, book bannings, etc. But no it was horrible.

I studied abroad with her daughter, who passed away a few years ago. We were good friends then and when I got back home but fell out of touch. She had been living in Colombia and I was visiting for work and reached out, but she was out of town. Then she was gone a few weeks later.

I knew her daughter as well eventhough she was a few years younger. Was in the same group of friends, I had no idea she passed. That’s terrible.

Dr Knight was my favorite professor as she basically got me into the accounting program despite my shitty gpa

Internet Issues w/most of the incoming soccer and basketball players was a great Freshman seminar. Unfortunately I signed up for a few other classes that were extremely difficult and completely ignored the ratemyprof warnings. HUBRIS.

Alan Williams in the History dept almost did me in

I knew her daughter as well eventhough she was a few years younger. Was in the same group of friends, I had no idea she passed. That’s terrible
she was pregnant with twins, and lost both of them (maybe one stillborn the other died soon after birth?), which obviously impacted her deeply and from what I was able to piece together things got really dark for her. was shocked one day when I got a FB invite for a celebration of her life, and that's when I did the sleuthing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back