• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT VT Fournication: Nothing ever lasts forever. Everybody wants to rule the chat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching the draft, you'd think God is great at developing NFL talent.
She really gives a shit about the minutia of American sports but hates when everyone in the world goes to sleep with a full belly.

My guy

Sub 3.0 GPA success gang stand up
I wasn't even close. Probably close to Diggler but might have even come in under that, I'm not gonna look. I took basically no challenging classes and yet... School was just not for me. Not sure how I made it as far as I did, tbh.

This morning was donuts with adults day at the middle school. Took my 8th grader because she wanted to go nuts with donuts. At one point I wave at the one person I recognize and my daughter with her sarcastic... sense of humor... says "why in the world would you do that?" I said "would you rather I mooned them?"

Her response was "what does that mean?" I don't even know what to say to a 13 yo not knowing what that means. Guess that particular joke has fallen out of... favor.

I wasn't even close. Probably close to Diggler but might have even come in under that, I'm not gonna look. I took basically no challenging classes and yet... School was just not for me. Not sure how I made it as far as I did, tbh.
I have the aptitude but not the attitude for sitting in a class

Had some good talks in English classes, read some good books

Anyone on here end up summa cum laude? I think that was like 3.8 when I graduated and in the program that day there were maybe 10-15 names there. Seemed unachievable. I ended up cum laude which was 3.4+ so you bet I put that on a resume.

I had a 3.47 and was unable to argue my way to a 3.5 for cum laude.

So ya that will tell you all you need to know about GPA.

I actually sucked at school even when I got good grades. Or at least felt like a fraud. Once I finished up my accounting degree I knew that was it for me, no more school.

I think I finished with a 3.27. My first semester at Wake I had a 2.9 and my parents were pissed.

I mentioned something about the average male GPA being 2.7, and got a lecture about just being above average wasn’t good enough.

Jokes on them because I had by far the highest first semester GPA of any of their kids.

My wife is the good brains and the looks, and I’m the mediocre white male who makes the money

Studying abroad hurt my GPA because I was the only person in my program whose school counted your actual grade rather than just using Pass-Fail and Ireland grades on a C curve.

I drove through Athens, GA one spring afternoon with the windows down and someone threw a diploma into my backseat. Wake Law was a tad more challenging.

I finished well under 3.0 overall, but my major GPA was close to perfect. Just have to find what you love!

Also helps that there isn't a lot of subjectivity with Comp Sci work. If you have an assignment to write a program that has certain performance characteristics and you do it it's basically a guaranteed 100.

i got an Incomplete and a C in Calc, Quant 1 and a D in Quant 2.

fucking killed it in Comp Sci 101, tho

My wife is the good brains and the looks, and I’m the mediocre white male who makes the money
Samesies withe one caveat. She's made more than me most years we've been together. Her bonus helped us buy our first new car this week.

I think I ended up with a 3.2 after an absolutely horrible freshman year in which I just assumed I could do zero work and still dominate like I did in high school.

But I remember one of my first interviews after college and the lady I met with said, "You shouldn't put a 3.2 GPA on your resume... That's not impressive." I really wanted to tell her to fuck off, but I was living in Boston and she was 100% right that nobody knew a thing about Wake Forest and how difficult it was relative to other schools.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back