• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT - Wakephan09 loves Jeff [Redacted] like a fat kid loves cake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice. Whatd you get.

Wife got the halibut and I got the cassoulet and we switched halfway through. Did the beef tartare as well. Pretty amazing. They also made one of the better old fashioneds I’ve ever had.

Biff did you confirm that the Cotswold chick fil a is going to the same model as Woodlawn? Or am I making that up

That is the plan. I think its waiting on approval. Site plan was submitted in October. Randolph Road is at the bottom of this image.

CFA%20site%20plan.png

thank you. i couldn't recall how far this one had gone.

I always get Jack Reacher and Jack Ryan confused in my head. They’re both pretty conservative/reactionary though. The villains of the most prominent stories are leftists like the Soviets, IRA, and now Venezuela, and whether it’s CIA analyst or intelligence outsider as the protagonist, they’re both upholding law and order against violent lefties as the formula, from what I can tell.

I always get Jack Reacher and Jack Ryan confused in my head. They’re both pretty conservative/reactionary though. The villains of the most prominent stories are leftists like the Soviets, IRA, and now Venezuela, and whether it’s CIA analyst or intelligence outsider as the protagonist, they’re both upholding law and order against violent lefties as the formula, from what I can tell.

one of them helped Captain Ramius, that's all you need to know

somebody in my cohort presented a pretty underdeveloped paper on Jack Ryan and Agamben's state of exception

i haven't seen the show but from the trailer i thought Jack Ryan didn't seem like an extrajudicial guy

i don't have any idea what Agamben's state of exception means, but in Patriot Games,
Jack is on vacation with his family when he sees an attempted carjacking and pulls his personal sidearm and saves the Prince, getting shot in the process, well outside the line of duty.

also to be clear i found the jack ryan books i've read entertaining

had to chuckle at the american doctrination in hunt for red october, but it was topical

the series with decent politics (if you're a leftist) is actually the Bob Lee Swagger series, where the main character becomes alienated from and exposed to the rot in the intelligence/military/state

Shooter is an awesome movie, and though the books are all off the rails crazy, they're fun too

this is more in line with Ryan, who is typically foiling the US's global enemies.

Reacher is usually solving crimes/murders/minor conspiracies/breaking crime rings

the series with decent politics (if you're a leftist) is actually the Bob Lee Swagger series, where the main character becomes alienated from and exposed to the rot in the intelligence/military/state

Shooter is an awesome movie, and though the books are all off the rails crazy, they're fun too

the Ryan Phillipe vehicle?>

i don't have any idea what Agamben's state of exception means

it's somewhat simple

OWGs in political theory are sitting around trying to define what "sovereignty" is

Carl Schmitt (bad Nazi man) thinks it's the power to define "the exception" in law - the sovereign is that body or individual who gets to legitimize "well-maybe-this-time-we-don't-follow-the-law-because-x"

Agamben is a philosopher who takes up Schmitt's def. and looks at governments using crisis to legitimate operating outside their laws (ex: Gitmo)

governments using crisis to legitimate operating outside their laws is the super basic tenet of a state of exception existing

it's somewhat simple

OWGs in political theory are sitting around trying to define what "sovereignty" is

Carl Schmitt (bad Nazi man) thinks it's the power to define "the exception" in law - the sovereign is that body or individual who gets to legitimize "well-maybe-this-time-we-don't-follow-the-law-because-x"

Agamben is a philosopher who takes up Schmitt's def. and looks at governments using crisis to legitimate operating outside their laws (ex: Gitmo)

hm there's some graffiti near my house that says (with a spraypainted MLK?) "everything hitler did in germany was legal" so idk what ambergams says about that

hm there's some graffiti near my house that says (with a spraypainted MLK?) "everything hitler did in germany was legal" so idk what ambergams says about that

that's basically what Schmitt (bad Nazi man) was writing about iirc

that there's an exception to legality but it's legitimized by the force of the sovereign

who is the sovereign? the person who gets to say "y'all hol up i gotta operate outside the law for the good of the state"

i haven't driven past a chick-fil-a in a while but is 3 car lanes really a thing or

oh yeah; the traffic at a CFA is bananas. you'd think it was super good and not just slightly above average fast food or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back