• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT - Wakephan09 loves Jeff [Redacted] like a fat kid loves cake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then the sheriff said boy I'm gonna watch you die
With 19 minutes to go

So I laughed in his face and I spit in his eye
With 18 minutes to go

Hold it boys hold it

*music stops*

I would never stoop so low

I am only posting because I know several posters are awake rn

but to tell you the truth I do run a bitchin chat thread

one sorrow never comes but brings an heir
that may succeed as his inheritor

that's a little joke for the big brains out there folks

anywhoo it's been an honor and a privilege chatting with you gentlemen

we're gonna get this to pg 99 and leave it to God to choose the Victor by divine RIGHT

My wife is currently chair and they’re on round two of hiring after their first full search/offer cycle ended in an offer decline and no other suitable candidates.

It sounds like a miserable process.

Yeah. That happened to us when I was on the search committee. We had one person turn us down for a prestigious post-doc. One took a job with a big time private research company. Other stayed at her institution. We didn’t like another one.

Everything worked out though. We got a great candidate who was too qualified for the job and went up for tenure a few years later. And I got lots of free meals.

I forgot about a search before that. I was the outside person for a dean search committee for another college. Looking back it was pretty cool I was picked. I had just gotten tenure. Like just gotten it. I found out at the first meeting that my tenure was official. The provost's office was pretty dead set on getting an associate dean from an AAU university. We brought in 3 or 4 candidates and the faculty wholesale rejected them. So it was a failed search. We started again I think with the same search firm. We had a completely new set of candidates but they weren't that impressive. We did have an internal candidate who was highly qualified and well respected within the college. She did great in the interview. In the committee's last meeting with the provost, I said, "I understand why you want an outside hire, but if we don't hire her as dean now, she won't be around the next time we're looking for a dean." But the provost passed over her. A year or two later, she got hired as dean at another university. Last I saw, she got promoted to vice provost.

The provost decided to go with an assistant dean from an AAU institution who was a disaster from almost day 1. She only lasted 3 years until she was forced out.

this is like that scene in Band of Brothers when the other soldiers show up to help that one dude up Currahee

I think Marvel stole that scene for Captain USA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back