• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT: What's the deal with those guys in The Pit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw lots of coots and moorhens today @birdman

I do wish I knew what birds were when I looked at them instead of clumsily looking them up

Saw lots of coots and moorhens today @birdman

I do wish I knew what birds were when I looked at them instead of clumsily looking them up

Are you Paris? In the US we call Moorhens Common Gallinules and I strongly prefer the European name.

I am pretty excited that all of you dudes (except Biff) and looking at birds in the real world. I think I am at least partly responsible for that and its a legacy I can live with.

BTW, you might try the the Merlin Bird ID app. It's a little less fumbling than a book or google.

CT: Yo! Communicate. Startech, Motorola

Did u know that your iPhone can now identify a plant if you take a photo and just click on the info button or swipe up on the photo? Now you do

I had a picture on my phone of a crazy looking tree flower I saw on my walk last night and thanks to this I know that it’s a Persian Silk Tree.

Last edited:
in the last few weeks birds keep dive bombing my windows. no idea why. they fly away looking fine i guess.

Are you Paris? In the US we call Moorhens Common Gallinules and I strongly prefer the European name.

I am pretty excited that all of you dudes (except Biff) and looking at birds in the real world. I think I am at least partly responsible for that and its a legacy I can live with.

BTW, you might try the the Merlin Bird ID app. It's a little less fumbling than a book or google.

Not yet, in London. Paris tomorrow.

Is it possible I saw a wood warbler? I saw something with a pretty bright yellow.

Not yet, in London. Paris tomorrow.

Is it possible I saw a wood warbler? I saw something with a pretty bright yellow.

It is possible, wood warblers are surprisingly drabby though. Another possibility is a Yellow wagtail? I think I saw one along the Thames in 2019.

Grey wagtails also have a bright yellow patch on their belly.

Some bird or birds have been pooping something that looks like blueberry jam onto the side of our house lately…:squint:

It’s probably newly hatched birds that haven’t figured out what houses and windows are yet but aren’t good enough flyers yet to hit the windows at terminal velocities.

Our power went out at 4 and it’s not back yet. Thinking of moving

I really enjoy musicals, but I feel like its hard to keep up with the new ones. I didn't find out about VI until way after and even Waitress I was late to the party. There is no like top 40 of musicals. This may be because the classic are what most people dig. Anywho, Hadestown is enjoyable as well.

Took my wife to Waitress in Charlotte, we had a blast. I recommend everyone to check out the current tour.

Any of you lucky guys also headed to Frozen The Musical??? I’m preparing for a mind blowing experience

Any of you lucky guys also headed to Frozen The Musical??? I’m preparing for a mind blowing experience

It’s included in my season tickets but I will likely sell that one. Opted out of Jagged Little Pill for this season.

Neighbors went with their girls and had fun. I would have taken mine if I knew about it in advance, but I can't say I'm sorry I missed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back