• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT: What's the deal with those guys in The Pit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The one thing that has surprised me during my dives and floats down here is how many freaking tilapia there are.

I did get to see a manatee and a bunch of alligators and rhesus monkeys yesterday though.

Y’all on the new “Super Smash” seltzers from Fruit Smash? Those will get you banged up real quick.

Like I’m aware that I’m an uncultured hick who likes everything so take this recommendation with a grain of salt but the mermaid show at Weeki Wachee Springs was pretty kickass.

My 70 year old mother thought it was delightfully tacky... Something fun to do on a lark.

I have never been because I'm a dignified human being who demands all things meet a certain threshold of class.

I am a Vizzy guy, but I can get down with the Topo Ranch Waters.

And if I'm at a swim meet, I'll just take whatever other people have stashed in the bottom of their coolers. Last night, that happened to be a Coors Light and a Grapefruit High Noon.

I haven’t had a seltzer in a couple of years I don’t think.

I’ve been drinking Michelin Ultras this summer so far.

if internet is slower than I'd like, what's the best way to figure out if it's 1) my router 2) my internet service or 3) something else

CT: Yo! Communicate. Startech, Motorola

if internet is slower than I'd like, what's the best way to figure out if it's 1) my router 2) my internet service or 3) something else

During Covid we upgraded our internet since we were both logged into virtual workspaces.

I know very little about IT but I would run a speed test on WiFi and then run a second hooked up to the modem directly.

We also switched to Google Nest.

My recollection is you probably live in an apartment so there could be a lot of WiFi “pollution” from other wireless networks in the building.

Yeah, definitely run a speed test on a wired connection first.

You should also know what your modem's specs are.

I did all this a few months ago and figured out that my cable modem was outdated and my wireless router sucked.

Upgraded my cable modem to something with a bandwidth I'll probably never reach until 2030 (from 686Mbps to 2.5Gbps) and bought a WiFi mesh router (went w/ TP-Link Deco X20 WiFi 6 Mesh System). Chose that router because it comes in a 3-pack you can put around the house and I'll probably add another one when we finish the basement.

Everything you have will basically throttle whatever is coming into your house... It's just a question of how much. I get close to a 1Gbps wired and even now I still only get ~600-800Mpbs via wireless... And that drops significantly as you move away from the routers more than 10-15 feet.

Way more than you cared to know, but I was on a roll there.

unplug router
wait 15 secs
plug router back in

ok it is either your router or not your router

well, first unplug your router and see if it affects the speed then go to the next step

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back