• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT XXXII - ENDS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The one I remember is that one of the New Kids On the Block had to go to the hospital to get his stomach pumped because he had swallowed too much semen. Relaying that one to my dad prompted an attempt (poor, awkward, brief) at "the talk" during a car ride.
The other Marilyn Manson one was that he was the friend in the Wonder Years. Back before IMDB so you had no choice but to believe it.

Did y’all have the one that Yellow 5 dye in like Mountain Dew and stuff made your dick shrink?

k had to go to the hospital to get his stomach pumped because he had swallowed too much semen. Relaying that one to my dad prompted an attempt (poor, awkward, brief) at "the talk"
The Mt. Dew and NKotB rumors were heavy in WV.

The "Jeremy Piven got severe mercury poisoning from eating too much sushi" one is interesting because he/his doctor claimed that to be true. But most people were very skeptical.

R. Kelly being illiterate was also popular, but this might be true.
He has a 45 minute (or whatever) song that he makes lots of claims about how difficult his life has been including the, I assume, admission that he could not read.

honestly if someone had asked me this morning if the Marilyn Manson thing was true, I'd probably have said "yes of course have you been living under a rock for three decades" without thinking much about it
Dustin Diamond and Mike D were brothers.

A more recent one, but I'm a huge fan of the conspiracy theory that Avril Lavigne died of Lyme disease in 2014 and the record industry has been trotting out a doppelganger since then. This doesn't fit the theme though since it's too new.

What about Donnie Wahlberg and Marky Mark being related?

We were talking about this just the other day and the urban legends that transcended geography. Like the ones that everyone knew if you were high school age sometime in the 90s or 00s.

The Marilyn Manson rib one is probably at the top.

Another popular one for those of us in high school in the 2000s was that Ciara was secretly a dude. This one made teenage Frosty really confused about his sexuality.

R. Kelly being illiterate was also popular, but this might be true.

What are the other urban legends that everyone knew regardless of where you grew up?

Richard Gere and gerbils

Richard Gere and gerbils
"One time my cousin Walter got this cat stuck up his ass. True story. He bought it at our local mall, so the whole fiasco wound up on the news. It was embarrassing for my relatives and all, but next week, he did it again. Different cat, same results, complete with another trip to the emergency room. So, I run into him a week later in the mall and he's buying another cat. And I says to him, "Jesus, Walt! What are you doing? You know you're just gonna get this cat stuck up your ass too. Why don't you knock it off?" And he said to me, "Brodie, how the hell else am I supposed to get the gerbil out?" My cousin was a weird guy."

WV must have been in shambles over the dew one
ngl, it was a huge fuckin' deal. To the point where tons of us shifted to the off-brand Kroger Citrus Drop (Or Mountain Lightning).

Of course, that's absolutely without logic, because both of those had the same coloring.

this explains why DDD loves him a lemon party
That's another thing that was fucking amazing. How things went "viral" in High School. Of course there were rumors, but the cool internet shit that would go around was amazing.

I was the kid that made burner CDs for people for money. Fucking amazing shit, yo.

That's another thing that was fucking amazing. How things went "viral" in High School. Of course there were rumors, but the cool internet shit that would go around was amazing.

I was the kid that made burner CDs for people for money. Fucking amazing shit, yo.
ebaumsworld.com

also, alas, hamsterdance.com no longer exists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back