• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT XXXII - ENDS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
which honestly doesn't reflect all that well on my ability to think critically but hey sometimes you gotta believe what you want to believe

Feel like the "Lady Gaga has a dick" one got pretty widespread early on in her career, but then she became a national treasure, and it died.

We were talking about this just the other day and the urban legends that transcended geography. Like the ones that everyone knew if you were high school age sometime in the 90s or 00s.

The Marilyn Manson rib one is probably at the top.

Another popular one for those of us in high school in the 2000s was that Ciara was secretly a dude. This one made teenage Frosty really confused about his sexuality.

R. Kelly being illiterate was also popular, but this might be true.

What are the other urban legends that everyone knew regardless of where you grew up?
Yellow skittles/starburst made your dick smaller

the more generic thing i remember realizing transcended geography was rumors of hidden swimming pools in high school gyms

i thought i heard that one about
The one I remember is that one of the New Kids On the Block had to go to the hospital to get his stomach pumped because he had swallowed too much semen. Relaying that one to my dad prompted an attempt (poor, awkward, brief) at "the talk" during a car ride.
i remember this one being about Alanis Morrisette

i fucked up my beard line on one of my cheeks this morning and i am v bummed

such a shitty feeling

The other Marilyn Manson one was that he was the friend in the Wonder Years. Back before IMDB so you had no choice but to believe it.

Did y’all have the one that Yellow 5 dye in like Mountain Dew and stuff made your dick shrink?
I was in highshool at the time so was more skeptical, I remember the MM rib removal and the wonder years rumor.

My memory of the Mountain Dew rumor was not dick shrinkage but testicle. Either way, I still don't drink it just in case.

i thought i heard that one about

i remember this one being about Alanis Morrisette
The Alanis Morrisette one that I remember was that the song "You Outta Know" was about dork non-stamos brother from Full House.

I was in highshool at the time so was more skeptical, I remember the MM rib removal and the wonder years rumor.

My memory of the Mountain Dew rumor was not dick shrinkage but testicle. Either way, I still don't drink it just in case.
Yeah maybe it was balls

It was the Yellow #5 food coloring that shrunk it. So that was in mtn dew and a bunch of other stuff all. Watch out for Yellow #5

The mountain dew one existed for us in hs too.

We also had one about how eating like a whole bottle of ground cinnamon would get you super high.

And yeah not only do I have the green can Parmesan in my fridge but it’s store brand. Sorry not sorry.

It’s not really for me anyway, you think I’m gonna waste top tier cheese on my kids?

This can't be a phenomenon that started in the 90s but I can't remember any from elementary school in the 80's

There was a pretty popular one in my hs that The Game left G-Unit because he found out Lloyd Banks was gay and the rest of G-Unit decided to stand with Lloyd, but turns out this was just a rumor in my hs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back