• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT XXXII - ENDS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very intrigued to try. CM is still one of my favorite beers (some years' recipe much more than others), and I enjoy the hunt. Considering going up to Asheville for a day during the release in a couple weeks.
ha yeah I feel like I can get it everywhere for at least a month here

defs intrigued by choc hazelnut as a variety

some years I really really like it, some years its just average to above average

ha yeah I feel like I can get it everywhere for at least a month here

defs intrigued by choc hazelnut as a variety

some years I really really like it, some years its just average to above average
Same. Prefer the ones that are more vanilla/hazelnut forward and less coffee/fruit forward. There's been at least one year recently (I think 2019 or 2020) that was WAY too fruity.

Oh yeah, I upgraded to an Onkyo, a Sony 100-CD changer, and some big ass Polk speakers.

The salesman at the stereo store in Raleigh sent me a handwritten thank you note when I bought the speakers.
I upgraded in high school via Christmas. Yamaha receiver and surround sound Klipsch speakers. Still using the Klipsch speakers in my man cave.

we went all out the first couple years we lived here on CM, but then have cut back and last year we only got a bit but still haven't finished it all.

My sister and I did a 12 CD initiation order from Columbia House in the summer of 1992. We had cassettes up until then. It included Ten, Achtung Baby, Billy Joel's Greatest Hits, We Can't Dance, and I think maybe an Aerosmith Album.
i need to go back and read about the columbia house business model because as a kid i did not get it

I still have a couple of bottles from 2020 that made the move out here. I got a case of it but have found myself drinking less & less (relatively) heavier beers

The Trader Joes almond butter filled chocolate coated pretzel nuggets are absolutely elite (and better than the peanut butter ones).

So because I obviously wont be able to get it out here this year, the last couple bottles will be nice to have. May try to at least have a pint or two when I’m back East for Christmas.

i don't generally care for chocolate in beer but I can think of an exception or two

i need to go back and read about the columbia house business model because as a kid i did not get it
I think the markup on CDs over production costs was astronomical. Like they take $1 to make and were sold for $17 and tower records. So basically you pay ~$180 for a yearly contract/membership ($15 per month) and get 24 cds. That’s $7.50 per cd which is still about 750% mark up over production.

Does anyone remember the first CD they bought? Mine was the Iron Eagle soundtrack from Camelot Music at Hanes Mall.
First CD, no (but I'm pretty sure it was 1 of 10 that I got for a penny from Columbia House)

First tape(s) (same trip)
Paula Abdul Forever Your Girl
Guns N Roses Appetite for Destruction

(although I did check out a few Stryper tapes from the Library that my dad may or may not have copied)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back