• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT XXXII - holiday planning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need to keep in mind that Wake will be at the Orange Bowl on December 30 if you're considering South Florida.

Need to keep in mind that Wake will be at the Orange Bowl on December 30 if you're considering South Florida.
True, better go ahead and lock in non-refundable flight and lodging.

Any recommendations for an early 2023 getaway for me and the wife? Looking for maybe a 4 day long weekend destination. All of our 2022 travel has been work, birthdays or weddings so would love to get a solo trip in soon.
San Juan is a safe bet. Great mix of city and beach and not having to deal with customs either way.

With the direct flights from RDU to London and Paris you could speed run either of those cities. Travel time wouldn't be that much more than going to the west coast and you get the red eye on the way there. This is a stretch for 4 days, though.

You could do Mardi Gras from 2/16-2/19. That would cover Muses, Hermes, Morpheus, Iris, and Endymion, which are among the best parades.

Reactions: WRS
I’m debating going up to Winston for the Syracuse game.

Haven’t been to a home game in 6 years. Could parlay that into a visit to the Festival of Lights at Tanglewood for my son.

Would be both kids’ first trip to Wake.
I'm in the process of building a house, but give me a year or so, and you'll have a place to stay if you come up.

San Juan is a safe bet. Great mix of city and beach and not having to deal with customs either way.

With the direct flights from RDU to London and Paris you could speed run either of those cities. Travel time wouldn't be that much more than going to the west coast and you get the red eye on the way there. This is a stretch for 4 days, though.

You could do Mardi Gras from 2/16-2/19. That would cover Muses, Hermes, Morpheus, Iris, and Endymion, which are among the best parades.
Thanks man. Good options. Hadn’t considered San Juan but friends have said really good things.

Any recommendations for an early 2023 getaway for me and the wife? Looking for maybe a 4 day long weekend destination. All of our 2022 travel has been work, birthdays or weddings so would love to get a solo trip in soon.
what kind of travel?

beach? active? city? mountains?

Thanks man. Good options. Hadn’t considered San Juan but friends have said really good things.
We went for a week about six or so years ago and it was great. There are some really great airbnbs to be had for the price there. Would recommend staying around Condado for the beach. You only need one day for Old San Juan and El Yunque is phenomenal.

Great food scene there too.

We went for a week about six or so years ago and it was great. There are some really great airbnbs to be had for the price there. Would recommend staying around Condado for the beach. You only need one day for Old San Juan and El Yunque is phenomenal.

Great food scene there too.
PR has changed a lot in the last 6 years due ti the hurricanes. Getting around the Island is difficult but staying in San Juan and doing a few close by excursion could be great.

Spent about 3 days in and around San Juan and 3 - 4 days on Isla Vieques for our 10th anniversary. That was... a few years ago but can still look up some recs if interested. Great high end restaurant, solid food tour for lunch, fun cocktail tour before dinner. Hiked up through a rain forest (not El yunque I think???) Rocks, trails, water, and an 80 ft repel down a waterfall. Tree top zip lining back down. Grandma made lunch. Really great morning.

Was in San Juan early July but they’re having serious power issues post hurricane. Old San Juan is amazing. Definitely go sometime when they have better overall health - Fattoria is an incredible bar. I wanna do Quebec City - Montreal is amazing.

Wow I’m pretty fucked up post Monday afternoon bar hopping. Just got Indian delivered so that’s positive. Doing an early afternoon fire because why the fuck not.

I love my parents. No kidding the most down to earth and loving people possible. Made a ton of sacrifices to send me to WF. And now that they are nearing retirement they both have a BMW they are obsessed with. Black X3 for my Mom and metallic blue 2 series coupe for my Dad. I’m seriously just so happy for them.

I love my parents. No kidding the most down to earth and loving people possible. Made a ton of sacrifices to send me to WF. And now that they are nearing retirement they both have a BMW they are obsessed with. Black X3 for my Mom and metallic blue 2 series coupe for my Dad. I’m seriously just so happy for them.
how old are you, wrs? Just wondering because both of my parents have been retired for close to 20 years now.

Last edited:
Wow I’m pretty fucked up post Monday afternoon bar hopping. Just got Indian delivered so that’s positive. Doing an early afternoon fire because why the fuck not.
Which Indian spot did you go with?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back