• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT XXXII - holiday planning

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried to make it small. But I no technology good. Which is why my wife is putting the recruitment PowerPoint together I guess.
I know it's just a boards meme. And for me a lot of times if I post a pic on phone it looks fine but then giant on desktop.

I will say that the first five minutes of meeting you people is generally the most awkward part of that month.

DDD just sent me a PM to ask you if you could somehow get your wife to zoom in on your feet and repost that pic.

He says he's "super fucking close"... Whatever that means.
I think that I have been forthright about my horribly mangled toes.

In the spirit of this, I apologize to all my online friends how awkward I am when we meet irl.
From your online friend obsessed with birds who could not pull it together and drive down to Ocala to meet you this past summer, apology accepted.

boy flights are expensive
Where you trying to go.

Travel as a whole has gotten crazy pricey. People still traveling though. We have around 35 families that rsvp’d to our meeting tonight. Had to move the meeting to the gym to accommodate.

Says some guy on the non-sports portion of a Wake Forest message board who I'm sure isn't socially awkward at all.
I like to think that I own my social awkwardness. I am in no way as cool as Mako or Birdman.

I also don't think this is a problem of their own making, due to the pandemic, increased school shootings, divisive nature of our country, these things have all made it feel safer to be on-line than in person (which is ironic, because of how pervasive online bullying has become). Everyone is becoming more separated, but this current generation are the ones that are most feeling the effects.

From your online friend obsessed with birds who could not pull it together and drive down to Ocala to meet you this past summer, apology accepted.
It’s ok. Ph took up your slack.

Also apparently I’ll be in Florida yet again this summer and over Christmas so hope springs eternal.

i'm not sure its entirely a generational gap tbqh, probably just a growing segment among all generations as online tools have allowed for more divergent niches/behaviors/etc

my little bro is gen z and fucking looooves going out and socializing and living big city life

Where you trying to go.

Travel as a whole has gotten crazy pricey. People still traveling though. We have around 35 families that rsvp’d to our meeting tonight. Had to move the meeting to the gym to accommodate.

coincidentally, my wife and I were also looking for a winter kids-free trip, probably mid-late Feb and the suggestions yesterday made me start checking around on flights

i'm not sure its entirely a generational gap tbqh, probably just a growing segment among all generations as online tools have allowed for more divergent niches/behaviors/etc

my little bro is gen z and fucking looooves going out and socializing and living big city life
This is probably the better and more nuanced taek.

Boomers love that online shit. They never thought they’d get to reconnect with their high school buddies. Then they get together and say all the same shit they learned online.

I know it's just a boards meme. And for me a lot of times if I post a pic on phone it looks fine but then giant on desktop.

This is a concern of mine as well. If I am posting pics using tapatalk on my phone, what size should I choose so that the pics aren’t obnoxiously big on desktop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back