• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT XXXII - holiday planning

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my optimal venue for interaction because I have time to think about what I’m going to say and you people can’t see my weird facial tics.

Last week “FaceTiming the kids” became code for having sexy time with our group

Last time I was in Madrid it snowed which is apparently really rare.
When I studied abroad in Salamanca (which has similar weather to Madrid) the saying was something like "Nueve meses de invierno y tres meses de infierno."

It snowed in Salamanca when we were there.

i'm not sure its entirely a generational gap tbqh, probably just a growing segment among all generations as online tools have allowed for more divergent niches/behaviors/etc

my little bro is gen z and fucking looooves going out and socializing and living big city life
yea same with my lil sis, tho she's a young millennial

also i'm missing my chance to meet Ph this week cuz of work, would enjoy being awkward with him IRL

I like to think that I own my social awkwardness. I am in no way as cool as Mako or Birdman.

I also don't think this is a problem of their own making, due to the pandemic, increased school shootings, divisive nature of our country, these things have all made it feel safer to be on-line than in person (which is ironic, because of how pervasive online bullying has become). Everyone is becoming more separated, but this current generation are the ones that are most feeling the effects.

The most awkward part of meeting posters IRL is how to explain it to my wife.

also i'm missing my chance to meet Ph this week cuz of work, would enjoy being awkward with him IRL
I always find that my interactions with y’all are much less awkward if my wife is around because she’s a social dynamo. Of course, it could just be that ATS is hella weird.

my wife knows what the boards are and is sort of ambivalent about them. since i've gotten some good travel/parenting/DIY advice she finds them a useful resource
It’s insane to me how many of my decisions have been made based on what you people have recommended to me

Check your PMs. I could do today after I land.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back