• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT: You know where you got that shirt from, and it damn sure wasn't the men's dept

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to make fun of my friends with Pelotons, but now I am addicted and prefer it 1000% to running, and can tell I'm already getting in much better shape after like 2 weeks.

This is not good for me to read. Getting a bike has been in the back of my head for a while & I really do not enjoy running, mostly because I find it boring and can’t really get over the 3mi hump. Just need to find the $$ to do so.

Fuck sometimes Magary just hits a fucking home run with his bullshit.

But you can only gain that empathy if you open your eyes. If you don’t wanna watch an injury replay, fine. I’m not gonna go the full Chappelle and call you a pussy for it. But for those of us who do have the stomach for such things—and most people do—it’s both negligent and rude to hop up on your little soapbox and demand the production truck show everyone a picture of a fucking Labradoodle instead of what just happened. Fuck off. You don’t get to be the MPAA of the telecast. If I wanna watch Buster Posey’s ankle snap over and over again—out of curiosity, or even for reasons I can’t quite articulate—I should be given that option. It’s okay to look. It’s okay to be fascinated by pain. It’s okay to want to know it, even experience it vicariously.

Because this is already a country that has had everything pre-whitewashed for it. You never see the close-up, violent consequences of war on any newscast. You’re never shown the bodies after yet another mass shooting. You never have to watch a person die of COVID on a screen, unless it’s your loved one and an ICU nurse has to hand you an iPad to say goodbye to them. Americans take every last step to shield themselves from seeing the bad things, as if that will magically protect them from future harm. It won’t, and it certainly won’t absolve them from patronizing leagues, businesses, and government agencies that inflict that harm upon others. Instead, they pretend there’s some magical baseline of ugliness they can digest that will render them compassionate but not unhappy. I’m fucking sick of it. Get over yourselves and watch the goddamn replay. You’ll live. I know I did.

Yeah. That’s a good take.

I think this is truly the best time of the year if you're a sports fan. NFL & college football are in full swing. MLB playoffs. NHL starting up. NBA soon. don't think it gets much better than this.

Someone is going to have to explain to me why the title Needle in a Timestack is so funny. I have thought about it and I am still missing something.

CT Whatever: CANCEL CLINT EASTWOOD FOR JOKE DurING 1973 OSCARS!!!!!

It’s a horrible title for a sci-fi romance film especially coming at the end of that trailer.

Last edited:
Just know that there are some truly good peeps in our little online community. Some real bros.

My MIL is weird af. She watches a shitload of cable news, but watched both CNN and FOX. So instead of being radicalized in a certain direction, she's just constantly paralyzed by fear.

The couples from the three houses next to us came over last night for our first ever neighborhood get together (all moved in within the last 2 years). One of the women was an 07 Wake grad so that was dope. Had a fire and drank many drinks. Fun times.

deets? or is this "you know who you are" praise

I asked about buying tix to take the kid whose dad died to the Wake/State game, and some good folks just offered theirs up. Also, Knight is sometimes gonna Knight on these boards and in mafia because he's Knight, but I'm not sure that there's a more genuinely kind and caring dude that posts on here. Big ups to my boy, and the rest of y'all in general. Y'all are good peeps.

The couples from the three houses next to us came over last night for our first ever neighborhood get together (all moved in within the last 2 years). One of the women was an 07 Wake grad so that was dope. Had a fire and drank many drinks. Fun times.

Swingers-party-key-bowl.jpeg

I asked about buying tix to take the kid whose dad died to the Wake/State game, and some good folks just offered theirs up. Also, Knight is sometimes gonna Knight on these boards and in mafia because he's Knight, but I'm not sure that there's a more genuinely kind and caring dude that posts on here. Big ups to my boy, and the rest of y'all in general. Y'all are good peeps.

that IS nice. good work people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back