• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT: You know where you got that shirt from, and it damn sure wasn't the men's dept

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, I haven't seen it yet, I'm just ignoring your review so I can go in fresh. But you can't compare a Villenueve movie with a Twilight movie. That just can't happen again.

do we have confirmation of a baseball scene in Dune?

i think if I read the Twilight book and then watched the movie I'd enjoy the movie more but who can say

In an effort to fill the stands for the Duke game, the Wake website is asking fans to buy tickets for children who may not have an opportunity to go go otherwise. The tickets are $10 a pop. There's a few sponsorship levels for business purposes. If you're feeling philanthropic, check it out!

I was under the impression that the sing projectile hit two people. But, in a shoot out scene in a movie, it is possible that the actor fired twice in rapid succession.

I don't get why, with cgi and sound editing, they even have to fire guns at all. Have the actors act and edit the effects in later.

The projectiles hit two people who weren’t in the scene who he presumably wasn’t aiming at. Hitting one actor I get. Two crew members? That’s just strange.

In an effort to fill the stands for the Duke game, the Wake website is asking fans to buy tickets for children who may not have an opportunity to go go otherwise. The tickets are $10 a pop. There's a few sponsorship levels for business purposes. If you're feeling philanthropic, check it out!

I’ll get in on that.

The Dune books are a little dense and hard to get into, for sure. I liked them and have read them more than once but they aren't for everyone. There is a lot of politics and intrigue in addition to the fantasy/action stuff.

Another person I know who read the books saw the movie and said it was good - pretty true to the books, visually stunning, etc. I guess we shall just have to judge for ourselves...

I'm going on Sunday with a fanboy and fangirl. Will of course report back

I'm going on Sunday with a fanboy and fangirl. Will of course report back

george-michael-bluth-fun-sexy-time.gif

The projectiles hit two people who weren’t in the scene who he presumably wasn’t aiming at. Hitting one actor I get. Two crew members? That’s just strange.

Maybe, but I highly doubt Alex Baldwin is a good shot. He probably points the gun in the general direction and pulls trigger. On a set "aiming" is probably far more driven by camera angles and lighting than by what you are pretending to try and shoot at.

Maybe, but I highly doubt Alex Baldwin is a good shot. He probably points the gun in the general direction and pulls trigger. On a set "aiming" is probably far more driven by camera angles and lighting than by what you are pretending to try and shoot at.

The worst part of all this is now he's going to be anti-gun. Probably become an activist or something.

I've known of its existence since I was like 10 years old but I couldn't tell you anything about Dune except that I think the book cover was a sand landscape on a planet or something.

And I'm a totally cool never learning anything else about it.

I'm proud of my Sci Fi and Comic Book ignorance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back