• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT136 - No more title changes. Finish it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
nah, she pretty much destroyed a petco crate from the inside. cutting and hurting herself in the process.

nah, she pretty much destroyed a petco crate from the inside. cutting and hurting herself in the process.

Maybe it's separation anxiety, they can't stand you being gone. You might be able to get a valium prescription for them from your vet so they'll be chill when you're away. Or try and find someone who tends to be at home more. Good luck. That really, really sucks. I feel bad for you and util.

yeah i mean i feel like we're not doing her any favors keeping her in an industrial crate all day. i think i'd be ok with giving her doggie prozac every now and then, but not everyday.

That's a tough one, man. If util is house trained, have you thought about leaving the dog out?

she cut her face in the metal and her gums have been bleeding from all the chewing

It'll work out buckets. A lot of times things seem far worse than they are. I'd call your vet and see if there's any anti-anxiety medication they can put her on. If, like rubbins, you like to party, you might want to request valium, so you and util can start doing it up right. At least until she gets adjusted.
http://vetmedicine.about.com/od/diseasesandconditions/a/CW-Diazepam-Valium.htm

That's a tough one, man. If util is house trained, have you thought about leaving the dog out?

we have tried that too. she's pretty much housetrained but all this is related to separation anxiety, so she'll use that bathroom inside if left alone

It'll work out buckets. A lot of times things seem far worse than they are. I'd call your vet and see if there's any anti-anxiety medication they can put her on. If, like rubbins, you like to party, you might want to request valium, so you and util can start doing it up right. At least until she gets adjusted.
http://vetmedicine.about.com/od/diseasesandconditions/a/CW-Diazepam-Valium.htm

I don't know, I feel like at that point... we're just not the right house for her. I think what makes it tough is that I know she'd be perfect for someone or a family that is home more often.

thank you ct for hearing me out on this. been stressing me out all day.

also, how in the world did she rip the thermostat off the wall?!

we have tried that too. she's pretty much housetrained but all this is related to separation anxiety, so she'll use that bathroom inside if left alone

Always a chance she had to pee or poop, and she was freaking out trying to get out so she wouldn't go to the bathroom in her crate. Could have an infection that makes it hard for her to control her bladder. You don't have any antibiotics in the house do you, like amoxicyllin? Might try giving her some if you have any. It sucks they can't talk to us and tell us what's going on.

I don't know, I feel like at that point... we're just not the right house for her. I think what makes it tough is that I know she'd be perfect for someone or a family that is home more often.

Well, good luck to you and util with whatever you decide.

Always a chance she had to pee or poop, and she was freaking out trying to get out so she wouldn't go to the bathroom in her crate. Could have an infection that makes it hard for her to control her bladder. You don't have any antibiotics in the house do you, like amoxicyllin? Might try giving her some if you have any. It sucks they can't talk to us and tell us what's going on.

i mean the going in the house thing is just what she does when left alone. happens almost every time over a period of months. even when we've been gone for just 5 minutes to go get something out of the car. and we always walk her before putting her in the crate or leaving the house. sucks that we don't have a backyard, but that's another reason why we might suck as a dog home.

If you aren't sold on Prozac you could try a thunder shirt

i mean the going in the house thing is just what she does when left alone. happens almost every time over a period of months. even when we've been gone for just 5 minutes to go get something out of the car. and we always walk her before putting her in the crate or leaving the house. sucks that we don't have a backyard, but that's another reason why we might suck as a dog home.
Oh wow, that does sound like separation anxiety.

Q in Richmond had Cheerwine in their fountain selection. I was surprised.

And I am in the camp of "Diet Coke please." "Is Pepsi ok?" "I'll just have water, thanks."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back