• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT142: Back to the grind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

leftcoastdeac

Robert O'Kelley
Reaction score
tumblr_m02hzwY5tr1qz4gev.jpg

Last edited:
I leave to do work for five cotton picking minutes and this happens.

Womp, womp.

is it the weekend yet?

townie, to go back to your previous post, Eastern Market is like a smaller Reading Market. on the inside it's mostly butchers, produce vendors, a fishmonger, a bakery, cheese shop, and a restaurant. on the weekends farmers come and sell their produce outside and there are other vendors that sell everything from antiques to jewelry to records and so on. it's a fun time.

townie, to go back to your previous post, Eastern Market is like a smaller Reading Market. on the inside it's mostly butchers, produce vendors, a fishmonger, a bakery, cheese shop, and a restaurant. on the weekends farmers come and sell their produce outside and there are other vendors that sell everything from antiques to jewelry to records and so on. it's a fun time.

yea that sounds awesome

i wasn't hating on union market either, i enjoyed it there

i just couldn't afford the like, artisanal parsley or whatever they sold there

nonsequiter from yesterday:
the officer who was shot yesterday credits the K-9 who ultimately died with saving his life. the dog was actively attacking the shooter as he was shooting at the cop; cop only ended up with shots to his legs. still a huge bummer to lose the dog, but thankful it probably wasn't as bad as it would have been. RIP, 'Mick'- enjoy the big farm in the sky.

I hope I can find awesome fruits and nuts in the streets in Brazil. At least I'll have coffee

HEY EVERYONE

i finally decided it's time to take on les mis

never have read it

wish me luck

HEY EVERYONE

i finally decided it's time to take on les mis

never have read it

wish me luck

they adapted that movie into a book? How does that work with a musical?

Does anybody know if the literary adaptation of The Wizard of Oz was any good?

I hope I can find awesome fruits and nuts in the streets in Brazil. At least I'll have coffee
Cupuaçu: Brazil's new alternative to chocolate
Forget carob, Catherine Balston meets cocoa's Brazilian cousin, cupuaçu, a new contender in the field of tasty chocolate substitutes
Bar-of-chocolate-009.jpg

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2014/apr/17/cupuacu-brazil-alternative-to-chocolate
From the comments on the article:
My taste-buds have never raised such a chorus of delight as when they first encountered cupuaçu, in the form of pale yellow ice-cream being sold on the street in Belém, northern Brazil. The vendor claimed it had never before been put into ice-cream - this was 1984. A few days later, it was included, uncooked and not mixed with anything, in savoury dishes, with similar pleasurable result, in a restaurant in the city.

Elsewhere in Brazil, I never came across cupuaçu except as a flavour in soft drinks at a snack bar in Rio de Janeiro - not as tasty.

Folks in the state of Pará, of which Belém is the capital, say the fruit does not trravel well and is best enjoyed close to its home ground in northern Brazil. However, the wonderful fruit, in any form, must be worth trying.

The word is not Portuguese, I think, but is from an indigenous language in Brazil. The stress is on the last syllable - coo-poo-ah-SOO.

from the last CT
bym051d said:
Didn't know you were that close. My office is next to Singha II. Singha is fantastic Thai... Even better than Thai Chang Mai.

Mmm so full of good lunch. My office is down 68, just on the other side of 40, but I always head up toward Palladium to get lunches.

also from the last CT - tomatoes. I'm planning on getting a tomato plant this year to grow some of my own because it seemed like an easy place to start with gardening. but I've been looking into the whole growing and staking/trellising/supporting for big ol' heirloom maters, and it seems complicated. Might be getting myself into more than I realize. I don't even like just eating a plain tomato anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back