• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT142: Back to the grind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
HEY EVERYONE

i finally decided it's time to take on les mis

never have read it

wish me luck

It's actually a pretty quick read despite being so long. Finished it in under 2 weeks as a 6th grader (125 AR points what what), so I'm sure you'll pwn it.

also from the last CT - tomatoes. I'm planning on getting a tomato plant this year to grow some of my own because it seemed like an easy place to start with gardening. but I've been looking into the whole growing and staking/trellising/supporting for big ol' heirloom maters, and it seems complicated. Might be getting myself into more than I realize. I don't even like just eating a plain tomato anyway.

tomatoes are so, so easy

and so, so worth it

It's actually a pretty quick read despite being so long. Finished it in under 2 weeks as a 6th grader (125 AR points what what), so I'm sure you'll pwn it.

bro i'm the opposite of an accelerated reader

oh man I PWNED at AR system by just randomly taking the tests for all the highest pt books at the end of the yr. i think you only needed to get like 50% of the q's right, and they were multiple choice and easy to make educated guesses. i think i took like 20 and DEF passed on anna karenina and treasure island.

and then i took a ton of little 2 and 3 point books on stuff that was like basic stuff about basketball, baseball, etc.

it made the overacheiving asian chick in my class SO MAD when i told everyone. but i still got the $25 celebration station pass book w00t

oh man I PWNED at AR system by just randomly taking the tests for all the highest pt books at the end of the yr. i think you only needed to get like 50% of the q's right, and they were multiple choice and easy to make educated guesses. i think i took like 20 and DEF passed on anna karenina and treasure island.

and then i took a ton of little 2 and 3 point books on stuff that was like basic stuff about basketball, baseball, etc.

it made the overacheiving asian chick in my class SO MAD when i told everyone. but i still got the $25 celebration station pass book w00t

I think we had a weekly cap on failed tests for our system, so that wouldn't have worked.

Cupuaçu: Brazil's new alternative to chocolate
Forget carob, Catherine Balston meets cocoa's Brazilian cousin, cupuaçu, a new contender in the field of tasty chocolate substitutes
Bar-of-chocolate-009.jpg

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2014/apr/17/cupuacu-brazil-alternative-to-chocolate
From the comments on the article:

intriguing....I'll also be on the northern coast, but like 500 miles away. I'll keep an eye out for it

I'll also be in the Amazon for a small bit but we'll be crunched for time

tomatoes are so, so easy

and so, so worth it

nom

Haha boss. Yeah the barrier for passing the test was like 60 or 65%, so pretty easy. As kukowt mentioned we did have a limit on failed tests per week, though... also you only got the % of the score that you got right. I was pretty pissed about Les Miserable because I got 95% and lost like 10 points.

Our 8th grade teacher had a list of HS level books that if you read and passed the AR test on he would straight up give you points on your final grade. Por ejamplo, Wuthering Heights was worth 3 additional points on your final grade. That was the one book I remember not being worth it; never again, Bronte...

tomatoes are so, so easy

and so, so worth it

how do you support yours - I don't want to sink too much money into this. website I was looking at were building these elaborate supports made from rebar and hog fences but I am going to have one or maybe two plants. apparently store bought tomato cages are too short and/or weak for heirlooms?

All this sammich talk has inspired me to hit up DC City smokehouse for lunch. Getting the Meaty Palmer... smoked turkey and pork belly + smashed avocado + jalapeno aioli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back