• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT142: Back to the grind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AR must have instituted an APETIT rule after finding me out, we didn't have the max tests or the proportion of points rules. mine was 5th grade doe (96-97)

I'm looking for a bases clearing double tonight. I don't want to run all the way home.

More evidence that Brews and RTQ need each other. Brews can provide the gardening equipment RTQ needs. RTQ can provide grand slam 4-RBI home run every day.

we are both getting butt why reduce the getting butt in the world to fulfill your selfish needs

The part of the new heading right under the 'r' in Forest reminds me of DHD's tattoo(s?).

stop being an ass

More evidence that Brews and RTQ need each other. Brews can provide the gardening equipment RTQ needs. RTQ can provide grand slam 4-RBI home run every day.

stop-trying-to-make-fetch-happen.gif

there's no need to keep reiterating it, we know you're thrifty, it's fine

how do you support yours - I don't want to sink too much money into this. website I was looking at were building these elaborate supports made from rebar and hog fences but I am going to have one or maybe two plants. apparently store bought tomato cages are too short and/or weak for heirlooms?

you can buy these for like $2.50 apiece

superstakes_steelcoated2.jpg

you can use twist ties or twine to tie up your plants, too

no need for expensive trellises

additionally, it sometimes calls for you to be creative

when our tomatoes went nuts one summer, we bought this thing at a yard sale for 10 bucks that was an 8 or 9 ft tall cast iron gate, and we just tied them up to that

we also just hammered branches into the earth and used those to stake them up

gardening can be exceedingly expensive or it can be a total scrapped together experience, it all depends on how you make it

Yeah, it can be really cheap if you garden the white trash way.

All, how large are your respective gardens?

Yeah, it can be really cheap if you garden the white trash way.

if it's in your back yard, wgaf?

obviously you don't want your front/side yard to look like shit, but most people appreciate the look of gardens, even if they're a little white trash

i was looking for pics of my old garden in winston, but they're prolly all on my old, dead, facebook

Brews... "it's fine" - sounds like you are judging me pretty hard for it actually, for possibly not wanting to spend $100 building some structure to prop up tomatoes. I'll try to add anything related to expenses ever to my list of things people don't want me to mention on the chat thread. I'll try to go back and edit away the post I made the other day about being pleased that my tree service was going to cost hundreds less than I expected. sorry to even bring it up. saving money is so lame.

Townie - thanks. I guess when I search for tips on growing tomatoes and end up on tomato message boards, I'm going to end up with people looking to do something the most elaborate way possible.
Tomato-icon.png

i sincerely don't care that much, i was making a joke

Brews... "it's fine" - sounds like you are judging me pretty hard for it actually, for possibly not wanting to spend $100 building some structure to prop up tomatoes. I'll try to add anything related to expenses ever to my list of things people don't want me to mention on the chat thread. I'll try to go back and edit away the post I made the other day about being pleased that my tree service was going to cost hundreds less than I expected. sorry to even bring it up. saving money is so lame.

Townie - thanks. I guess when I search for tips on growing tomatoes and end up on tomato message boards, I'm going to end up with people looking to do something the most elaborate way possible.
Tomato-icon.png

the gardening thread on this board is pretty great resource too, and no judgy mcjudgersons are gonna judge you there if you ask for advice with budget/time/whatever constraints

gardening is an absolute delight, at least to me

it's a fucking miracle watching seeds germinate and turn into plants that bear fruit; one of my favorite things on earth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back