• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT142: Back to the grind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
can someone really spend $100 for a small amount of tomatoes?

the gardening thread on this board is pretty great resource too, and no judgy mcjudgersons are gonna judge you there if you ask for advice with budget/time/whatever constraints

gardening is an absolute delight, at least to me

it's a fucking miracle watching seeds germinate and turn into plants that bear fruit; one of my favorite things on earth

Kinda like squirters.

All, how large are your respective gardens?

in philly, i will just have potted stuff, bc my patio is small

in the suburbs, i'm helping the ladyfriend parents make planter boxes that will be about 30 ft[SUP]2[/SUP] total

when i was in hershey, we lined the entire back of the house, had a 6X6 plot of corn, and had a planter box out back

heaven

my friends who are starting the plants out for me grow all organic and said the quantity of organic soil they used last year to fill their containers was about $80, then the container was about $20 of materials to build as well.

if they're spending that amount, they better get at least 5X that much in returns by way of tomatoes

there's landscaping, and there's gardening

the tricks you learn along the way are half the fun

RTQ, i'd recommend planting marigolds or citronella in a pot as well, next to or near the tomatoes, to keep bugs away

in a pot, and with tomatoes, those will be the only pests you have to worry about

I'm not into organic so I'll just buy random soil from Lowes or whatever. Should be way less. and thanks, I was thinking about marigolds, didn't consider citronella (not sure I've ever seen it outside of candle form).

RTQ, I understand that you are husbanded up right now, so there is no immediate need for Brews's services, but just be aware they are available. He is ready to provide them. When you are ready. To have them provided to you.

I used to disregard melons as fruit cup filler until I had them in Nicaragua. So flavorful.

it's a fucking miracle watching seeds germinate and turn into plants that bear fruit; one of my favorite things on earth

Oh, fuck you man. Seriously, just fuck you. You drive me fucking nuts with this goofy horseshit. We've gotta write a script together. Like ebony and ivory, side by side on my piano keyboard.

RTQ, I understand that you are husbanded up right now, so there is no immediate need for Brews's services, but just be aware they are available. He is ready to provide them. When you are ready. To have them provided to you.

That'd be cool to provide that service to women. Well, some women. Other women it'd be kind of gross.

I'm not into organic so I'll just buy random soil from Lowes or whatever. Should be way less. and thanks, I was thinking about marigolds, didn't consider citronella (not sure I've ever seen it outside of candle form).

idk if winston does it, but at most recycling centers, they give away mulch/compost for free, too

might be worth looking into

Dude, it's like a couple bucks. Tops. I don't know wtf she's growing, but it ain't "heirloom tomatoes". She's probably got a bad weed habit.

interesting #scoop

hence why it's dumb to spend so much

tho if you're in a cool spot, you can often trade with your neighbors

hippie-history-festival.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back