• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT142: Back to the grind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
would you trade your brain for someone's who is more like 75th percentile but is excellent in the areas you struggle?

my intelligence is a source, perhaps THE source of anxiety in my life

whether it be IQ or standardized tests, i score very well, 99th percentile of americans

but when it came to school, or when it comes to decision making, or just generally navigating the world around me, i would put myself somewhere below average

sometimes it's paralysis by analysis, sometimes it's lack of self-awareness, sometimes it's just utter confusion

i lack memory, concentration, and spatial reasoning too

i think a big part of all this is just being a millennial who spends far too much time thinking about himself and his brain

well, you're not alone. that's for damn sure.

would you trade your brain for someone's who is more like 75th percentile but is excellent in the areas you struggle?

hmm i don't think so

if there were one thing i wish i were better at, it's chronological memory

i have no idea when things took place - i'm great with details and memorizing and stuff

but in terms of when it happened, awful, i can't even get close

hmm i don't think so

if there were one thing i wish i were better at, it's chronological memory

i have no idea when things took place - i'm great with details and memorizing and stuff

but in terms of when it happened, awful, i can't even get close

Ah that makes sense. So you don't recall winning at beer pong at like 6AM my time.

i'm not a standardized test wizard like you but i'm pretty damn good at them. i'll tell you something i fucking suck at though. if you drive me to stratford road from silas creek and then quiz me on whether places i've been a jillion times are to the left or right, i freeze up. my sense of direction is pretty good on a large scale, i.e. i can tell you how to get nearly anywhere in north carolina, but on the smallest scale i'm awful. drives me crazy. my wife is way better at this than me.

also it's funny that people would consider me among the smarter posters on here, i'm probably not even top 5 in my crew

team emo is STACKED -

wakephan is better with language/rhetoric/lit as is steelcity

juice is the best linguist on these boards, i'd imagine

texas got that logic on lock

tuffalo/ILdeac/wagon/TB on the calloway crew

waketheuniverse works at nasa

when deacfan2009 hits the tech jackpot and starts an incubator in silicon valley, we are gonna combine all our brain power and run shit

I'm pretty good at standardized tests. I just never had a lot of patience for the bullshit involved in academic settings.

I think I was jaded when and A- became a B- my first semester at Wake because I missed too much class. Really? Because apparently I learned the shit anyway. Thanks [Professor that owned like 3 different pairs of pants and one pair of shoes].

I'm pretty good at standardized tests. I just never had a lot of patience for the bullshit involved in academic settings.

I think I was jaded when and A- became a B- my first semester at Wake because I missed too much class. Really? Because apparently I learned the shit anyway. Thanks [Professor that owned like 3 different pairs of pants and one pair of shoes].

I hated that shit. Why mandatory attendance? Sure its probably a slight on the professor if I can show up to less than half the classes but ace all of the required work. That shouldn't be a reflection on me, it should be a reflection on how poor the professor is or how the required work to determine if you know the material is too easy. Hell maybe the whole class is just made up bullshit anyway and requires no time or effort at all, shouldn't penalize me for not attending but scoring the same as everyone else.

I'm good at standardized tests. Not Townie-level, but 95% easy. I'd imagine a lot of Wake kids are.
I'm great with maps/navigation/spacial reasoning and I'm very observant/aware of my environment. The two are linked.

I can do really well in school/in classes when I choose to, and I know this, but a lot of times I would choose to NOT do something in favor of another fun activity. My reasoning was that yes, I could easily pwn everyone if I read every single case study and studied 2 hours a day... but I could also NOT do those things, go throw a disc on davis field, and still get a B+ and be totally fine with that. Sometimes I wish I'd applied myself more, but in the grand scheme of things I like the balance I struck.

townie , to answer your PM, it would seem yes. 6 figs in Philly and you move to where I grew up and live like a KING. Just imagine thinking about how best to fill your MOAT

i feel like i probably don't do as well on standardized tests as i do in other settings (class, work, life). and its not like i'm a big time overachiever that compensates for donkness with hard work (sup girls in high school).

i learn by doing things, i very rarely learn well by listening or reading alone about a topic so i think my mind drifts too much for tests.

i feel like i probably don't do as well on standardized tests as i do in other settings (class, work, life). and its not like i'm a big time overachiever that compensates for donkness with hard work (sup girls in high school).

i learn by doing things, i very rarely learn well by listening or reading alone about a topic so i think my mind drifts too much for tests.

don't you work like 80 hours a week?

60-70 but its not like that work is overcompensating for me being a dumbass and if i was smarter i'd only be working 40

now... if i stopped posting....

townie , to answer your PM, it would seem yes. 6 figs in Philly and you move to where I grew up and live like a KING. Just imagine thinking about how best to fill your MOAT

i would have to work stupid hours and travel 200+ days a year tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back