• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT142: Back to the grind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't wait to take a vacation; went to Vegas back in January, but that wasn't restful.

Headed to Napa / SF in 2 weeks and have a bunch of trips lined up for this summer.

are yall coming to OR around the 4th like you were thinking?

I'd also include Brangus in the discussion. His takes are pretty bad on about everything.

To balance out the discussion a couple other smart dudes are Les Grossman and CHDeac although they post in pretty limited areas.

whaaaaaaaaat.

I suppose it's not entirely unbelievable, but still a little surprising.

i'm always surprised at how many people have read it; it's like 2500 pages long!

wanted to take on war and peace, moby dick, les mis, and count of MONTE cristo in a calendar year

this is my third of the four - the only one i'd read any of before was moby dick, and i had never finished it

I have these recurring thoughts about what "smartness" really is and how limited of a definition we use to label people (and I'm obviously guilty as hell at this). I need to get strong like goat and write down all of those thoughts and publish a book.

I have these recurring thoughts about what "smartness" really is and how limited of a definition we use to label people (and I'm obviously guilty as hell at this). I need to get strong like goat and write down all of those thoughts and publish a book.

Are you distinguishing "smartness" from intelligence?

I think being smart is about being well-rounded ("left brain/right brain"), being able to entertain multiple and conflicting thoughts simultaneously, and hating dook.

Bl15lvACQAAdvGy.jpg

are yall coming to OR around the 4th like you were thinking?

That trip will be in August; like the week of the 23rd or so, if it happens. The plan is to head to Bend that week (including the DMB show out there) and then hop over to Seattle to meet my family for a cruise that takes off the following week. Not sure if we're going to make it Bend prior to the cruise yet.

I don't know if Townie is one of the smartest posters, but I would guess he is because he makes me feel straight DUMB often. That dude eats philosophical jargon for breakfast.

I don't know if Townie is one of the smartest posters, but I would guess he is because he makes me feel straight DUMB often. That dude eats philosophical jargon for breakfast.

:( that's not my intention

I don't know what this says about me, but I have the 10th Anniversary Les Mis concert DVD on my desk right now.

my intelligence is a source, perhaps THE source of anxiety in my life

whether it be IQ or standardized tests, i score very well, 99th percentile of americans

but when it came to school, or when it comes to decision making, or just generally navigating the world around me, i would put myself somewhere below average

sometimes it's paralysis by analysis, sometimes it's lack of self-awareness, sometimes it's just utter confusion

i lack memory, concentration, and spatial reasoning too

i think a big part of all this is just being a millennial who spends far too much time thinking about himself and his brain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back