• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT3.28: Talkin' Meh and Bananas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get zero weeks of paternity leave. Am taking one week "paid sick" and one week PTO. Am I screwed? Should I just take more unpaid? My wife fortunately gets 12 weeks maternity + 8 days PTO + 4 additional 4 day work weeks (fully paid).
Like everything it depends. If its a smooth birth, you have family near by who can help, and the kid has a good sleep schedule you could be fine. Otherwise, you are in for a rough couple of months my brother.

Probably preaching to the choir, but you get 12 weeks (unpaid so obviously that's a sticking point) guaranteed time off under the FMLA for parental leave.

does anybody archive emails?

I don't even know what purpose that serves
I accidentally hit "archive" instead of "delete" because the buttons are right next to each other in my Outlook menu bar. I would need someone to tell me how to find the archived email if I ever needed it again. One thing I will do is to save the email as an outlook item when I know someone is going to screw something up and I can attach it years after it has been deleted from our servers. I've been surprised how often keeping the receipts has helped.

I have considered adding a baby piping plover and a Red Knot egg/nest tattoos, but they are expensive and the hurt and who am I trying to impress?
just get the Chicago plover t-shirt imo

just get the Chicago plover t-shirt imo

Dude! That's awesome.

I have no tattoos and won't ever get one. I find them generally offputting and, on average, takes the attractiveness of a lady down 1.5 points on the 10 point scale. I certainly have yet to see anyone that I feel is MORE attractive by virtue of tattoos. Yet, I have grown more tolerant of them over time. I used to have the same aversion to them as I do someone who smokes, but that's no longer the case.
same

Watched Les Mis for the first time every last night and it was fine. Generally enjoyed it but it did make me a little mad that they're like "well the revolution failed and most of you died but at least Marius and Cosette found love." Like I get it, I've read the book, but I was just thinking man they really went through a lot just to get these two together who fell in love after passing glances in a market.
the music is the appeal of the musical. I'm reading it now and the book gives a lot more coverage of Jean Valjean's personal journey and Javert's obsession with finding him; tough to do that on stage I think.

Probably preaching to the choir, but you get 12 weeks (unpaid so obviously that's a sticking point) guaranteed time off under the FMLA for parental leave.
Only if you've been with the company for 12 months - I started in October. But my leadership team is cool, and I can take as much time as need, so no issue there. Just depends if I want to take time unpaid.

my old company didn't have paternity leave at the time but it was something they were considering for the future so they kinda gave it to me under the table. 3 weeks...but I was still on some meetings and such since it was last minute and not official. since it was an adoption wife and I took ours separately. not that I didn't need to take care of her, but no recovery from the birth obvi.

wife didn't even take all of hers because she felt guilty which I don't get at all but you do you. I saved the last bit of mine for when my dad came to town (March 2020) to see our son for the first time. It was the weekend of the ACCT and I remember regretting I didn't have him come the following week so we could just watch the first round of the NCAAT all weekend. But that...did not happen.

the music is the appeal of the musical. I'm reading it now and the book gives a lot more coverage of Jean Valjean's personal journey and Javert's obsession with finding him; tough to do that on stage I think.
The story also has a couple changes, that make it more palpable for the stage. I like to think of them as two different stories, not the same story told different ways.

Still it is my favorite movie, and I am a constant Russell Crowe Javert defender

I get zero weeks of paternity leave. Am taking one week "paid sick" and one week PTO. Am I screwed? Should I just take more unpaid? My wife fortunately gets 12 weeks maternity + 8 days PTO + 4 additional 4 day work weeks (fully paid).
This was my situation with my 2nd and I had to schedule my time off in advance, so when my daughter was born a week late it meant I only got 1 week with her after she was born. I’m still pretty angry about it.

I think tattoos are cool, but for some reason I think my weight has discouraged me from ever getting one.

I had 4 months paternity leave for our second kid which I took in two 2mo chunks. First was right after birth and that was largely taking care of wife/oldest kid/everything else in the household. Second chunk was after wife went back and that was 100% infant care.

For our first I got jack squat since I hadn’t been in my role long enough to qualify so I took two weeks of vacation. Lame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back