• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT3.28: Talkin' Meh and Bananas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im small AF (was smaller) so don't want to get one.

Tattoos look weird on us dwarfs

In my experience paternity leave (which I didn't technically have for either kid) is more about taking care of your spouse than bonding with your kid.
Yes.

Postpartum shit is very real and it comes in different waves/times/reactions. Aside from it being extremely overwhelming even with two parents there, throw the postpartum stuff, and lack of sleep in there, and it can get pretty damn dark if you don't have support.

does anybody archive emails?

I don't even know what purpose that serves

I think you can set it up automatically and it’s just a background backup, also depending on what you do there’s a ton of different record retention laws and such, as well as dumb company policies.

Good morning Chat Thread.

How many of you have tattoos? What kind of tattoos do you have? What's the "best" tattoo we have to offer as a group to the world?

I have no tattoos. I'm not opposed to them, I just don't have anything I'd like to permanently have on my body. My wife has like 7 tattoos (all on the same arm) and I feel like I'm in the minority in my friend group regarding the tattoo situation. Is it time for a Rhett Lowder tattoo ?

I have three tattoos:

Cancer related one on my left forearm
Date my father passed away on my right wrist
"Mother So Dear" on the inside of my right bicep
these two posts by twin brothers really tell a story

Tried to get a Deacon head tattoo on my butt one time but they wouldn't do it because they said I was drunk.

The story also has a couple changes, that make it more palpable for the stage. I like to think of them as two different stories, not the same story told different ways.

Still it is my favorite movie, and I am a constant Russell Crowe Javert defender

Horrible. His voice is so anemic. It's terrible for that role.

Les Mis is hands down may favorite musical, Cosette/Marius is probably not even in the top 5 most significant parts of the show. It's more about redemption and a longing that is unrealized because the world sucks and is cruel (and the parallels of Enjoras and Eponine), so do what good you can.

Good morning Chat Thread.

How many of you have tattoos? What kind of tattoos do you have? What's the "best" tattoo we have to offer as a group to the world?

I have no tattoos. I'm not opposed to them, I just don't have anything I'd like to permanently have on my body. My wife has like 7 tattoos (all on the same arm) and I feel like I'm in the minority in my friend group regarding the tattoo situation. Is it time for a Rhett Lowder tattoo ?
I have 2:

• ANE fish design with John 3:30 written around it in Greek
  • The word "unless" written Cherokee phonetics, as a nod to the Lorax

- I have complicated feelings about both because of my relationship to faith at this point in my life for the first, and because the second I got when I was 20 and is appropriative AF, but I still like the meaning of it and the commitment to make the world a better place in whatever sphere I find myself (it begin with environmental sentiments, but has grown)

My wife has 5 and has contemplated a half sleeve.

The story also has a couple changes, that make it more palpable for the stage. I like to think of them as two different stories, not the same story told different ways.

Still it is my favorite movie, and I am a constant Russell Crowe Javert defender
agree on all points.

And happy World Poetry Day

Favorite poets/poems?

We all know Timmy's:

If—​

Launch Audio in a New Window
BY RUDYARD KIPLING

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don’t deal in lies,
Or being hated, don’t give way to hating,
And yet don’t look too good, nor talk too wise:

If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;
If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you’ve spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build ’em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breathe a word about your loss;
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: ‘Hold on!’

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings—nor lose the common touch,
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
If all men count with you, but none too much;
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!

All I’m gonna say is you bros avoiding women with tattoos have missed out on some life experiences.
i may get "mako's Mom" tattooed on my bicep

Horrible. His voice is so anemic. It's terrible for that role.

Les Mis is hands down may favorite musical, Cosette/Marius is probably not even in the top 5 most significant parts of the show. It's more about redemption and a longing that is unrealized because the world sucks and is cruel (and the parallels of Enjoras and Eponine), so do what good you can.
Cosette is kind of worthless in the musical; the current touring version in particular has a very whiny cosette that I almost wished they had left with the Thenardiers. She ended up feeling like a spoiled brat. The book is much more explicit in how poorly the Thenardiers treated her, so I like her more than on the stage. The love story is more a way to move the story along than anything.

"I cannot go to school today!"
Said little Peggy Ann McKay
"I have the measles and the mumps
A gash, a rash, and purple bumps
My mouth is wet, my throat is dry
I'm going blind in my right eye
My tonsils are as big as rocks
I've counted sixteen chicken pox
And there's one more, that's seventeen
And don't you think my face looks green?
My leg is cut, my eyes are blue
It might be instamatic flu
I cough and sneeze and gasp and choke
I'm sure that my left leg is broke
My hip hurts when I move my chin
My belly button's caving in
My back is wrenched, my ankle's sprained
My 'pendix pains each time it rains
My nose is cold, my toes are numb
I have a sliver in my thumb
My neck is stiff, my spine is weak
I hardly whisper when I speak
My tongue is filling up my mouth
I think my hair is falling out
My elbow's bent, my spine ain't straight
My temperature is 108
My brain is shrunk, I cannot hear
There's a hole inside my ear
I have a hangnail, and my heart is... what?
What's that? What's that you say?
You say today is Saturday? Ha-ha
G'bye, I'm goin' out to play"

Cosette is kind of worthless in the musical; the current touring version in particular has a very whiny cosette that I almost wished they had left with the Thenardiers. She ended up feeling like a spoiled brat. The book is much more explicit in how poorly the Thenardiers treated her, so I like her more than on the stage. The love story is more a way to move the story along than anything.

Interesting. Seeing the touring version next Saturday. I've heard really good things about this Epinine. And yeah, theatrical Cosette is much better before she grows up and doesn't serve as much of a purpose as book Cosette. I need to revisit the Liam Neeson film. If I remember correctly, it brings out a lot from the novel that isn't shown in the musical - to the point that it's almost a different story like you mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back