• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT3.28: Talkin' Meh and Bananas

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife would go to TJ Maxx every weekend if she could and she would spend hours there. Sometimes she buys nothing and sometimes she buys a lot. Even if she buys nothing, she will want to go back the next weekend to see if something new has come in. I don’t think she ever goes with anything particular in mind, it’s more about the hunt for her. Baby clothes, things for the boys, quarter zip vests that serve no purpose, whatever she can find that is brand name with a significant discount. Rack by rack she will search. It is retail for recreation at its most base concept.

We just got back from going to TJ Maxx in NYC because “it’s in New York. Maybe they have different stuff.”

I needed a hat so it worked out but they had a sign that said “New styles arrive every week. Shouldn’t you?”

My wife is also addicted to tjmaxx. But her real addiction is the Goodwills near Lake Norman where she buys all the clothes that Biff’s wife thinks are passé.

Laughing at the idea of a TJ Maxx flagship store. Taking a trip into the city to get a 5 pound bag of jelly beans, a cephalon Dutch oven, puma duffel bag, and DKNY blouses missing a button

I guess trendy means being five years behind the fashion curve in a place that’s ten years behind.

We just got back from going to TJ Maxx in NYC because “it’s in New York. Maybe they have different stuff.”

I needed a hat so it worked out but they had a sign that said “New styles arrive every week. Shouldn’t you?”
Was it the one on Wall Street? My wife also had to visit that one last time we were in the city. Unfortunately there were no Hermes ties.

Was it the one on Wall Street? My wife also had to visit that one last time we were in the city. Unfortunately there were no Hermes ties.

Midtown.

Although we walked past the one on Wall Street yesterday.

I think we walked past three of them yesterday and then went to a different one today.

I’m re-reading this book on the 2008 crisis in light of the last few weeks. It has one of my favorite random tidbits ever which is that former Federal Reserve chairman Ben Bernanke waited tables at South of the Border 6 days a week as a kid.

Today was scout mulch delivery day. Not my most favorite day if the year even without the torrential rain for the first few hours.

It was pretty damn awesome though. The 10 yo kicked ass. He was the youngest kid there to help. Pound for pound he carried more weight than anyone and as many bags as as most. The older kids able to carry two at a time were the only ones with more.

Man I’m sitting outside right now and the pollen is really back in full force this time.

yeah after torrential drought busting rain these spores are everywhere. Was out with a gold all last weekend, and now nose is still just going all day today.

Was Ben Bernanke a good fed chair or did he just have an impressive beard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back