• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT64: I'll take a low-carb Red Bull. Or some Shark Bites or Gushers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
(in response to nelly f)

i agree. there have been several notable disappearances over the 10 years i've been posting. racer has done this type of thing before though. others of note:

wfdeacon04 (has made several cameos on these boards after going 2+ years without a peep)
george costanza
calloway slave
i know i'm forgetting some.

he definitely still lurks.

Updated List:

moonzzz - Kanye West (present)
Townie - Bronson Pinchot (present)
deacphan - Emile Hirsch (present)
HTTD - Dabney Coleman
AWAR - Bridget Fonda
El Chupe - Anne Ramsey (present)
DeacHawk - Cate Blanchett (present)
LBE - Eddie Vedder
DeacFan2009 - Casey Affleck
Knight - Toni Braxton
RTQ - Bill Laimbeer
Nonny - John Mayer
ITK - Carl Weathers (present)
TWDeac - Tommy Lee Jones
Tsy - Dong Dong
JDawg - Jacques Chirac
OldGoldBeard - Mario Van Peebles
Palma - Sully Sullenberger
rjequalsmj - Felicity Huffman
bmoney - Ellen Cleghorne (present)
cookout - Ben Affleck (present)
deacondamo - Kristi Yamaguchi
bojanglefunk - Emilio Estevez
Hello - Kimbo Slice
buckets - Patrick Fugit (present)
WakeGal - Leelee Sobieski
HeavyPetter - Paul Hogan
94Deac - Geena Davis
DCDeac - Viggo Mortensen
DeacisGO - Garth Brooks
bigdoublezero - Maggie Gyllenhaal
Jhmd - Randy Quaid
dv7 - Alicia Silverstone
724 - Dame Judy Dench
wfudkn - Kylie Minogue
leftcoastdeac - James Cameron
BillBrasky - Pete Sampras
Rubbins - Jodi Foster
rjkarl - John Travolta
DeacinVermont - Chef Bobby Flay

WHAT'S TAKING THE REST OF YOU SO LONG? It's going to be great to see Alicia Silverstone call John Travolta a c-word.

Last edited:
weird. it didnt work this morning. i even made an email address because i was worried not being able to access the email address i used to sign up was the hold up. i may go to it full-time (emilehirsch69420 at gmail dot com).

So i went back to the dr again this morning for my back. Since i cant take nsaids, they gave me some roids and a couple weeks worth of horse tranquilizer muscle relaxers. I. Chillin like a villain. Bad news is, i cant lift anything over two lbs.

Updated List:

moonzzz - Kanye West (present)
Townie - Bronson Pinchot (present)
deacphan - Emile Hirsch (present)
HTTD - Dabney Coleman
AWAR - Bridget Fonda
El Chupe - Anne Ramsey (present)
DeacHawk - Cate Blanchett (present)
LBE - Eddie Vedder
DeacFan2009 - Casey Affleck
Knight - Toni Braxton
RTQ - Bill Laimbeer
Nonny - John Mayer
ITK - Carl Weathers (present)
TWDeac - Tommy Lee Jones
Tsy - Dong Dong
JDawg - Jacques Chirac
OldGoldBeard - Mario Van Peebles
Palma - Sully Sullenberger
rjequalsmj - Felicity Huffman
bmoney - Ellen Cleghorne (present)
cookout - Ben Affleck (present)
deacondamo - Kristi Yamaguchi
bojanglefunk - Emilio Estevez
Hello - Kimbo Slice
buckets - Patrick Fugit (present)
WakeGal - Leelee Sobieski
HeavyPetter - Paul Hogan
94Deac - Geena Davis
DCDeac - Viggo Mortensen
DeacisGO - Garth Brooks
bigdoublezero - Maggie Gyllenhaal
Jhmd - Randy Quaid
dv7 - Alicia Silverstone
724 - Dame Judy Dench
wfudkn - Kylie Minogue
leftcoastdeac - James Cameron
BillBrasky - Pete Sampras
Rubbins - Jodi Foster
rjkarl - John Travolta
DeacinVermont - Chef Bobby Flay

WHAT'S TAKING THE REST OF YOU SO LONG? It's going to be great to see Alicia Silverstone call John Travolta a c-word.

lol

The first mistake is that you're thinking of it as a "parody." That's not what this is about. Again, you're not trying to BE Sully Sullenberger (frankly, it would be difficult to capture his brand of heroism in written form). You're just posting under his name. I mean, if you want, you CAN try to actually be Sully Sullenberger (I've never figured out what moonzzzzz is doing with Kanye West, but it appears at least some of the time that's what he is attempted to do), but it's not a requirement.

Put yourself on the list and I'll consider it

Oh man, I just got a call from a Tampa number about a job I applied for at some point, and the woman asked if I'm still interested, and could I come down for an interview. So, of course I say yes.

I look up the firm, and it's a one-woman practice that does Family Law. I have less than 0 interest in doing family law and I actively don't want to do it. But a job is a job. I've scheduled the interview but I'm not sure I want to spend time, money, and the hassle of going to Tampa for a job that I do not want.

That really sucks. I am going to wait a couple more weeks until I start applying to firms and jobs that are less appealing to me. I just made a really risky decision where I am passing on almost a sure thing in hopes that something else works out with another opportunity. It scares the hell out of me to walk away from a job in this economy though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back