• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CTCT: Featuring the Human Selfie Stick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright Windys not invited to the pinball party

08765d21bbb68428c3c35d57539c051c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You and I plan parties very differently.

Anyone have any experience with West Africa? We have an opportunity to do some mission/humanitarian work in Ivory Coast in October and are trying to make it work with scheduling.

Anyone have any experience with West Africa? We have an opportunity to do some mission/humanitarian work in Ivory Coast in October and are trying to make it work with scheduling.

What would you like to know? Have done work in Nigeria, Senegal and Ghana. Never been to Cote d’Ivoire though but first lesson is they vastly prefer that name to the white person name.

What would you like to know? Have done work in Nigeria, Senegal and Ghana. Never been to Cote d’Ivoire though but first lesson is they vastly prefer that name to the white person name.
Just general impressions of the area and need. Things i should be cognizant of before traveling there.

lol at thinking the name selected by the French colonizers is any less "white" than the English translation of the French name. The Ivorians have just preferred the language of colonial administration

It's an interesting and maybe uniquely American phenomenon always to assume in our ethnocentrism that we have imposed whatever harm we see abroad and so must remedy it. Or that our culture and history of oppression is universal

kinda like when you study abroad in London and the sorority girls insist on talking about black British people as "African Americans"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back