• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CTYB4.0: approaching Mako’s dinner time

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sold my last car for $600
I think I said this before, but I literally have driven all of my cars until someone has wrecked into me and totaled them. Then I get to argue with their insurance agency and drive that sweet rental until they finally come up on that offer. I took a rental car to Louisiana this way one time.

There was a sweet spot for new cars a few years ago where you got a bunch of modern technology and it was pretty much all you needed. Outside of transitioning from gas to electric everything now is like the technology ceiling of TVs, tapped out and certainly not needed but added to justify pricing. Hell some features are going subscription based which fuck that noise.

I have owned a 1991 Subaru Legacy, 2001 Hyundai Sonata, 2006 Subaru Outback Wagon. 2009 Corolla, and a 2016 Corolla S

Every year we have gotten away with doing our kids birthday party at a local park and just letting them run loose on the playgrounds. But now they have experienced other birthday parties and they want to have their birthday at this big indoor play gym with all these inflatables and it's 400 fucking dollars. Fucking kids birthday racket

Yeah, you have to keep this going as long as you can... Because when it ends, the cost of those parties skyrockets higher and higher with every passing year.

Really the only thing tech wise my 2016 car doesn’t have that I wish it did was modern headlights.

It is kinda funny to see it register my phone as “iPod” when I plug it in though. Tech moves too fast these days so don’t bother putting fossil stuff like that in.

I’ll trade the headlights for the fact that it still has a CD player. Gotta be one of the last model years to include something like that.

There was a sweet spot for new cars a few years ago where you got a bunch of modern technology and it was pretty much all you needed. Outside of transitioning from gas to electric everything now is like the technology ceiling of TVs, tapped out and certainly not needed but added to justify pricing. Hell some features are going subscription based which fuck that noise.
yeah our currently wrecked car we got in right under the gun before the whole new car market got got. 2020 Outback we bought on like Dec 29, 2020...last 2020 on the lot and since they're so popular around here they don't get a lot of deals but the dealer was more than ready to get rid of it. got 0% financing too.

I think I said this before, but I literally have driven all of my cars until someone has wrecked into me and totaled them. Then I get to argue with their insurance agency and drive that sweet rental until they finally come up on that offer. I took a rental car to Louisiana this way one time.

Rental car coverage limit for USAA is $30 day/ $900 total, so basically a month, but it has to be renewed every 3 days?

I have owned a 1991 Subaru Legacy, 2001 Hyundai Sonata, 2006 Subaru Outback Wagon. 2009 Corolla, and a 2016 Corolla S
This was a 2001 Mercedes Benz C320, which was my grandfather's, and then when he passed my mom drove it for like 8 years, and then I had it for the final 3. His whole life, he wanted a Mercedes, so in his 70s he bought the most baseline model he could find. He would park it at the end of the parking lot so no one would park near him. By the end, it did this thing where the seat would drain the battery, so if you moved the seat, you would then have to unplug it or it wouldn't start back up, because of this it couldn't pass inspection in Maryland, so I sold it to a dealer pretty much for parts. My wife actually used it to get to work in DC, so when we are old I can tell people I gave my wife a Mercedes when we were dating.

I noticed recently my car’s wipers would adjust their speed on their own depending on the rainfall. I thought that was
Pretty fancy technology

My theory is that every midsize SUV that costs between $45,000 and $65,000 looks and drives almost exactly like a Honda Pilot and comes similarly equipped.

new car dash displays are so fucking busy

they've got to be a safety hazard
This. My Pops has a 2020 Honda Odyssey. The audio/nav display is huge and the functionality is trash. Took me like 5 minutes trying to figure out how to get it on 90s on 9 on XM since it's not one of his pre-programmed channels.

My wife has a pilot and it's a pretty amazing car.

Yeah, it's a good car. We have an Acura MDX that's basically the luxury model of the same thing. You probably drove a Toyota Highlander too and decided you liked the Pilot marginally better. You'd have to move up to an BMW X5 for $75K to find any real difference in cars that size.

the early 2000's Toyota display/control center is my all-time favorite -- simple and very user friendly

just add USB capacity to that and that's all I'd ever want

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back