• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CTYB4.0: approaching Mako’s dinner time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got back from a Christmas trip down the shore (OCNJ). Spent four days with my MIL and her partner and my BIL and his wife and their son, who is my son’s age. We were mostly inside because it was so cold, and a couple two year olds contained that long is a bit chaotic but, what a nice way to relax and recharge to spend time with the people you love. My wife’s family was there for me in a rough stretch, and I’m always so happy to get to hang with them. My brother in law and I stayed up til 2 or 3 the last two nights just shooting the shit and gettin real deep. Feeling blessed right now, and I still have a few more days before going back to work. Good stuff.

The kid's been a real piece of work the last couple of days. Thankfully, she is at a sleepover with friends so the wife picked up some Thai food and I think we're gonna start up some Andor. It'll be nice to not be yelled at for one evening!

Going to repost over here from the dead CT

I’m sitting at Spurrier’s Gridiron Grille and out of 7 TVs in the main restaurant/bar only 2 of them are showing sports. The other 5 are showing this power point loop of pictures from Steve Spurrier’s career.

About to have a 52-20 Pale Ale. Dude is such a shit talker.

YB, haven’t been to the Greenville location but loved the Lewis BBQ in Charleston. We did a family trip down there last summer and got a ton of BBQ and just feasted on it for days.

Wired the money for the lake house closing today 😳 Can’t wait for summer!!
Did you respond to one of those fliers I’m always getting advertising $40,000 lots on a mountain lake? I haven’t been able to convince my wife yet

@Donkey Deac Doug, curious what the guiding structure is in your life: religion, humanism, nihilism, something else. What’s the North Star on the moral compass?

Phrased differently, what’s the end-game to it all?

“I don’t know” is a fully acceptable answer and would be a part of all of my answer

@DaDeacs I'm the general manager at a boutique wine shop in the Boston area. I banter with people about alcohol 50 hours a week (mainly older ladies who have no sense of boundaries or what is going on with alcohol - "what makes your shop think you'll be successful here? Do people REALLY buy $40 bottles of wine?"), taste a lot of stuff, run inventory, handle purchasing for this new shop that I helped open in the last six months, and have plenty of time to chat on these here boards.

That sounds glorious Townie. Looking forward to some downtime myself. Trying to carve a few days out to get down to Winston to see my Mom and get Doofus to bring the baby up over the same time period. We're going to Tuscany for a wedding in June around my wife's birthday so that'll be fun but also is a few months away. We've basically taken one vacation in 2.5 years generally due to my wife's work schedule/responsibilities.

Of course my highest literary achievement today was finding a scroll in The Great Waldo Search, so who am I to scoff at selfish libertarian novels?

@DaDeacs I'm the general manager at a boutique wine shop in the Boston area. I banter with people about alcohol 50 hours a week (mainly older ladies who have no sense of boundaries or what is going on with alcohol - "what makes your shop think you'll be successful here? Do people REALLY buy $40 bottles of wine?"), taste a lot of stuff, run inventory, handle purchasing for this new shop that I helped open in the last six months, and have plenty of time to chat on these here boards.

That sounds glorious Townie. Looking forward to some downtime myself. Trying to carve a few days out to get down to Winston to see my Mom and get Doofus to bring the baby up over the same time period. We're going to Tuscany for a wedding in June around my wife's birthday so that'll be fun but also is a few months away. We've basically taken one vacation in 2.5 years generally due to my wife's work schedule/responsibilities.
That sounds great. Wife and I are trying to take a trip to Tuscany but now that we might need to get a new car that’s on hold. The adjuster was supposed to assess today but no word yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back