• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CTYB4.0: approaching Mako’s dinner time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the wife is the sole breadwinner these days, I shouldn’t watch bowl games tonight and should instead watch Emily in Paris, right?

Some close friends moved to Italy for work just before COVID. The 6 month contract has turned into 3+ years. I really want to take a trip out there to visit them asap. Their photos around Europe are amazeballs.

Some close friends moved to Italy for work just before COVID. The 6 month contract has turned into 3+ years. I really want to take a trip out there to visit them asap. Their photos around Europe are amazeballs.
Do it no one visited us when we lived in Europe.

Y'all are starting to make me uncomfortable with all the DDD hate.

Dude it’s not hate. If someone posted something off the wall like they suck their thumb at night you can guarantee it’d get brought up for a while. He posted something off the wall recently so there it is.

Dude it’s not hate. If someone posted something off the wall like they suck their thumb at night you can guarantee it’d get brought up for a while. He posted something off the wall recently so there it is.
yea it;s a meme

and DDD is great

don't leave us again dude

Last edited:
CFB Twitter is hella lame rn. Nothing but love for duke, Drake Maye and Kansas — the latter the darling of the CFB world early in the season, getting way more love as a cute underdog than we have.

I have lots of earnest thoughts about the laziness debate.

I don’t equate privilege with laziness and I also struggled a lot with some similar sentiments at the start of my time at Wake, feeling like I was outclassed in more ways than one by my cohort there.

But in my observation that’s not entirely descriptive of privilege or laziness, if we’re generalizing. Privilege is more than just economic, poor white folks still can experience privilege. And again, just my observation but I think hard working people who make that part of their identity will always look for the next thing to keep themselves busy and occupied. Lazy people will try to find shortcuts, and without that mindset we wouldn’t have technological advantages found by people who were looking for shortcuts or ways to work smarter, rather than harder.

I also think that everyone is different. When I’m really anxious, I’m the opposite of lazy, and I’ll do busy work just to feel like I’m accomplishing something. When I’m feeling a bit more contented or at peace, I cherish rest or being unproductive as a way of keeping that anxiety at bay.

I took a break from the boards mainly because I used it to banter about Wake sports in the past and with Wake basketball down I was super meh overall. But I came back to banter about life’s up and downs with the homies who I know also spent four years of their life in Winston and have shared experiences with. Life is about celebrating the homies even if the sports are down!

The laziness argument would carry more weight if we didn’t measure human beings by their value under capitalism, and if “hard work” wasn’t just a synonym for opportunistic success. Holding yourself to a certain standard work ethic is admirable, holding everyone else to that standard is just annoying.

Feels like DDD and ATS are constantly predicting economic gloom and doom right around the corner.

Sorry. Have been away from the boards for a few days. Wanted to respond because I came up in a few posts late in the last CT.

Two separate thoughts.

1- Yes, I believe we are overdue for a major economic collapse. This is not new. This is not because of which party is in power. I just think our system is unsustainable over the long term. But yeah, I’m pretty gloom and doom on that topic. Perhaps to the point of sounding like Chicken Little.

2- I make a lot of bad predictions, but I’ve made some pretty good ones on here about economic topics. I said inflation was going to be an issue well over a year ago (and that it would persist). I still think it will be stubborn and take years to get back to more historical levels. I also mentioned last year that I thought stocks were fundamentally overvalued and that I wasn’t investing in much besides idiosyncratic stories. And I said crypto is largely a sham and NFTs are complete bullshit.

I do still think we are headed for a shit economy sooner than later. Housing concerns me with the higher rates and the next move there is for prices to come down (even though activity has already screeched to a halt). Employment is still a positive, but I wonder how long that can last when the Fed is still trying to kill inflation. We’re in a tough spot. The biggest thing that keeps me somewhat positive is that the US likely outperforms the rest of the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back