• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CTYB7.0: the gang names a company

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Birthday!

(And a belated birthday to Ph from earlier this week)!

Thanks. The only people I’ve ever known who share my birthday are Deac Mom (RIP) and Ron Wellman. Meanwhile I have five friends whose birthday is the day before including a cousin who shares that birthday with a stepsister, daughter, and niece. I’m also friends with a married couple who were born on the exact same day within hours of each other.

What’s the deal? Field Day was best day of the year when I was in middle school.
pretty sure field day -- actually Super Kids Day! -- stopped after elementary school for me

after that it was time to get SERIOUS about school

Do people who decry “Marxism” know Marx was an academic? It’s not clear. It seems like they think he was a dictator.

Do people who decry “Marxism” know Marx was an academic? It’s not clear. It seems like they think he was a dictator.
I would say Marx takes a lot of undeserved blame for the atrocities committed by dictatorships that claimed to follow his economic theories. He’s certainly not responsible for Mao’s disastrous agricultural plan, or the purges and epidemics under Stalin.

My little sisters lacrosse team is going to the NCAA tournament, and if they make the sweet sixteen, it will be the same day as her graduation. All the girls on the team have already decided if that happens they will skip graduation. If they lose beforehand, I will of course go to graduation (my wife and the boys aren’t going).

Multiple times a week for the last month my wife has been asking me if I know or not yet whether I will be going go the graduation. Every time I tell her only if they lose in the tournament. I also tell her the tournament hasn’t started yet. This somehow doesn’t register with her and she will ask if I know yet about going to graduation a couple of days later. Somehow the fact I will not know until about the week beforehand does not compute with her.

So yes she asked again this morning.
Have you tried telling her you'll know on X date what your plans are based on tournament? Maybe giving her a specific decision date will help.

I would say Marx takes a lot of undeserved blame for the atrocities committed by dictatorships that claimed to follow his economic theories. He’s certainly not responsible for Mao’s disastrous agricultural plan, or the purges and epidemics under Stalin.
Telling that I'm so self-centered I read Mao as Mako and thought you were attacking my farming abilities.

Thus the terms Maoism and Stalinism.

Is it okay to do a Cinco de Mayo post highlighting Mexican products on IG or is that something that should be avoided? Does it make any difference if there isn't a Cinco de Mayo reference but just a post about mezcals?

Alabama sux overall but I could see auburn being a fun place to go to college and it’s actually pretty descent academically, in some majors anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back