• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CTYB7.0: the gang names a company

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s not no-August, the school year starts the Monday closest to 8/26. And yes, it’s because of tourism.

Would make a lot more sense to start 2 weeks earlier and have the semester end before winter break rather than returning for 1 week and then exam week after.

Could get out Memorial day as well.

Man I was a little banged up last night and saw the weirdest thing pass through the sky. Like an extended string of lights. Legit thought I was witnessing a monumental UFO sighting. Turned out to just be a group of Starlink satellites grouped together. Really thought I was on the verge of something big.
I saw your reddit post about it

By the way, admissions at the schools have gotten insane. I heard the Tennessee had to defer about 30% of applicants because they didn’t have enough people on the admissions staff through the applications. People from the north ruining this country.

By the way, admissions at the schools have gotten insane. I heard the Tennessee had to defer about 30% of applicants because they didn’t have enough people on the admissions staff through the applications. People from the north ruining this country.

What does that have to do with people from the north?

I have a niece at Auburn and apparently people were going there a couple times a week when that location opened.

What does that have to do with people from the north?
That’s what’s driving a lot of it. People are realizing they don’t want to live up there and give away half of their income in taxes. I played golf with a guy my age who lives in New York who went to Syracuse. His kids aren’t applying to any schools in the north. It’s all big SEC schools when you go on a tour at South Carolina at least a third of the kids on the tour are from places like Pennsylvania and New Jersey.

Why send your kids to an SEC school out of state and pay insane tuition? Because you like SEC football?

UNC and NC State are as hard to get into as Wake. Even harder if you’re a girl from Mecklenburg or Wake County. And maybe you’re not in love with either of those schools or App State or ECU.

Having a couple beers and eating bar food for dinner on a weeknight completely wrecked my sleep and is requiring multiple quarts of water to recover.

It couldn’t be from getting older. it’s probably because my body’s so finely tuned that the slightest change throws it off. Like putting a grain of sand in a Ferrari engine.

That’s what’s driving a lot of it. People are realizing they don’t want to live up there and give away half of their income in taxes. I played golf with a guy my age who lives in New York who went to Syracuse. His kids aren’t applying to any schools in the north. It’s all big SEC schools when you go on a tour at South Carolina at least a third of the kids on the tour are from places like Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
This was the case even when I was applying to schools. SC has been full of MA, NJ, and MD kids for a while. You are not wrong though, my mom's neighbors son is at Tennessee and I had a couple cousins from NH that went to Bama, but you are missing the fact that these SEC schools are throwing tons of scholarship money at the New England students for them to come down.

No doubt. But Alabama has grown in size a lot over the past twenty years too.

Well MY kids are gonna be geniuses so we should be good to go by that time.

Honestly who knows what new hell admissions will be like in 10 years. College stuff sucks.

Having a couple beers and eating bar food for dinner on a weeknight completely wrecked my sleep and is requiring multiple quarts of water to recover.

It couldn’t be from getting older. it’s probably because my body’s so finely tuned that the slightest change throws it off. Like putting a grain of sand in a Ferrari engine.
you need to toughen up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back