• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CTYB7.0: the gang names a company

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man I was a little banged up last night and saw the weirdest thing pass through the sky. Like an extended string of lights. Legit thought I was witnessing a monumental UFO sighting. Turned out to just be a group of Starlink satellites grouped together. Really thought I was on the verge of something big.

7yo is terrified of “the hackerman” who wears a V for Vendetta mask and apparently uses his computer to brainwash you into taking over YouTube, and had ended up in our bed for the last week. So last night I installed a 5khmp expansive epmd field device scrambler above her bed to protect her after making sure I removed my phone from my pocket to keep it from frying. Worked like a charm. Kid is smart enough to figure out God isn’t real but still has a way to go before she realizes all the other stuff her parents are bullshitting her about.

I slept in my 9yo daughter's room for the 2nd time this week because she wakes up in the middle of the night and gets terrified about nothing and can't go back to bed.

She reads books that are for older kids (and pretty intense), but insists that has nothing to do with it. She's triggered by TV/movies that aren't scary at all to my 4yo son and 6yo daughter and replays those scenes in her head.

I have no solution.

Man I was a little banged up last night and saw the weirdest thing pass through the sky. Like an extended string of lights. Legit thought I was witnessing a monumental UFO sighting. Turned out to just be a group of Starlink satellites grouped together. Really thought I was on the verge of something big.
Starlink is fake. It was aliens.

Maybe that was what freaked my daughter out.

7yo is terrified of “the hackerman” who wears a V for Vendetta mask and apparently uses his computer to brainwash you into taking over YouTube, and had ended up in our bed for the last week. So last night I installed a 5khmp expansive epmd field device scrambler above her bed to protect her after making sure I removed my phone from my pocket to keep it from frying. Worked like a charm. Kid is smart enough to figure out God isn’t real but still has a way to go before she realizes all the other stuff her parents are bullshitting her about.

Just realized this sounds loosely like the plot of Incredibles 2.

Like a rough draft.

My little sisters lacrosse team is going to the NCAA tournament, and if they make the sweet sixteen, it will be the same day as her graduation. All the girls on the team have already decided if that happens they will skip graduation. If they lose beforehand, I will of course go to graduation (my wife and the boys aren’t going).

Multiple times a week for the last month my wife has been asking me if I know or not yet whether I will be going go the graduation. Every time I tell her only if they lose in the tournament. I also tell her the tournament hasn’t started yet. This somehow doesn’t register with her and she will ask if I know yet about going to graduation a couple of days later. Somehow the fact I will not know until about the week beforehand does not compute with her.

So yes she asked again this morning.

Damn, how'd you afford one of those!?

My 8th grader didn’t want to go to school today because it was Field Day and then they just sit in home room the rest of the day. He’s not athletic and hates being sweaty so I just assumed he was just trying to get out of it. He claimed his 1st period teacher asked for a show of hands and only three said they’d be at school for Field Day.

Lo and behold this morning no kids were at the bus stop at the usual time.

What’s the deal? Field Day was best day of the year when I was in middle school.

My 8th grader didn’t want to go to school today because it was Field Day and then they just sit in home room the rest of the day. He’s not athletic and hates being sweaty so I just assumed he was just trying to get out of it. He claimed his 1st period teacher asked for a show of hands and only three said they’d be at school for Field Day.

What’s the deal? Field Day was best day of the year when I was in middle school.
ugh, whats the matter w/ kids today

We met up with a coworker and his family last weekend so we could introduce our boys who are about the same age. They totally hit it off but I felt bad for his 9 yo who apparently just wants to be on her computer all the time. she looked absolutely miserable but they're trying to get her out of the house to do physical activity. so finally they had to pack it in to take her home.

CMS high schools have moved into May, which is almost attendance optional. AP exams have started so that screws up the schedule for the other classes, teachers have finished material and are just coping, NCGA forces you not to start school before the end of August, so we’re locked into this insanity for another month. My daughter and all her friends are headed out to Quail to watch golf. We went through half an hour of what she should wear last night. So doesn’t like to watch golf so he’s taking a lesson today.

CMS high schools have moved into May, which is almost attendance optional. AP exams have started so that screws up the schedule for the other classes, teachers have finished material and are just coping, NCGA forces you not to start school before the end of August, so we’re locked into this insanity for another month. My daughter and all her friends are headed out to Quail to watch golf. We went through half an hour if what she should wear last night.
Sounds awesome for the kids TBH

CMS high schools have moved into May, which is almost attendance optional. AP exams have started so that screws up the schedule for the other classes, teachers have finished material and are just coping, NCGA forces you not to start school before the end of August, so we’re locked into this insanity for another month. My daughter and all her friends are headed out to Quail to watch golf. We went through half an hour if what she should wear last night.
What about her AP exams?

My 8th grader might never speak to me again if I went with her to the bus stop. That's a hard pass for her.

Is the no August start linked to tourism and high schoolers working on the coast for beach areas?

Yes it’s a state law. Some districts have basically said fuck you to the state and started early, but if Charlotte does it, it will be a big issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back