• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CTYB7.0: the gang names a company

Status
Not open for further replies.

mako what do you think when you see shit like this

like how do you respond to that as an educator

People can get a US History course anywhere. They come to our school for the atmosphere and the attitude.

Seriously, though. We have seen a huge loss of capable teachers during and post Covid but things kind of feel stupidly optimistic right now in education from those of us that remain. Also, I honestly enjoy my work and coming in every day and live in an area with a ridiculously low cost of living so I'm probably the last person that should act like teaching is terrible.
I used to feel exactly the same way. Until I didn't.

I'm on record as saying one of the five best decisions I ever made was to teach school. Also in the top 5 (and sometimes #1) is the decision to leave education.

I know one thing's for sure: we need good people in education. Stompin' out ignorance. (My feet are still tired)

mako what do you think when you see shit like this

like how do you respond to that as an educator

My guy this is why I said I’m the worst person to complain about teaching because my kids are really, really good and I’ve never had to deal with something like that.

love to down a bunch of steamed Apalachicola oysters when down at the beach (best not to eat those raw imo).

but I do love raw oysters. when wife used to work at a boarding school in Tappahannock, VA we'd drive down to the mouth the Rappahannock River to where Rappahannock Oyster Co operated a little seafood shack right near their oyster beds. It was basically a combo raw bar and then a dude with a grill and a little outdoor kitchen cooking up amazing seafood dishes.
Misread this and thought Barca was scarfing down pig testicles on the reg (and would say that without question, it is best not to eat those raw).

Damn someone I work with in their 30s is at the hospital for a possible pulmonary embolism caused by covid. Shit is getting old.

My guy this is why I said I’m the worst person to complain about teaching because my kids are really, really good and I’ve never had to deal with something like that.
there's gotta be some lit on managing classrooms like this

kneejerk is once you cede power in that space you're toast

but also her reaction to just say violence bad doesn't really do her any favors - wonder how asking the person why they want to hurt her would garner a response

there's gotta be some lit on managing classrooms like this

kneejerk is once you cede power in that space you're toast

but also her reaction to just say violence bad doesn't really do her any favors - wonder how asking the person why they want to hurt her would garner a response
Yeah any class, especially one like this one, if you’re showing weakness like this you’re done.

What’s the most delicious mollusk or crustacean? Also keep in mind Juice will make you feel terrible about yourself if you eat octopus.

Ho boy…it really varies for me.

Fresh lobster caught in a Ventura canal one day.

Fresh oysters harvested myself most of the time.

Sautéed scallops some days.

For my last birthday I steamed previously frozen lobster tails and fresh oysters and mussels from a very good local seafood supplier. Only got the mussels reluctantly because we didn’t plan ahead and request enough oysters and they would only sell me two dozen. Weird thing is, those particular mussels were huge and the best freaking mussels we’ve ever eaten. On that day, they were the best part of the meal.

I just heard a lady in my office say the words "King is beautiful". Like, referring to the shit hole that is King, NC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back