• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CTYB7.0: the gang names a company

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going to make a hot taek.

I do not like a hybrid work schedule. I believe it is counter productive.

When you are working from the office, that is your work space, so when you are use to going into the office, and then work from home, you do not feel as work focused, and thus not as productive. As opposed to when you are working remotely, then working from home is always your work space and you are used to being productive. So those days in a hybrid work situation, it is more effort to get the same amount of work done, as is as expected from you when you are at the office.

It should be wholly one way or the other.

I objectively bill more at home than the office. Administrative bullshit that doesn’t warrant a phone call always results in a pop into my office.

When you are working from the office, that is your work space, so when you are use to going into the office, and then work from home, you do not feel as work focused, and thus not as productive. As opposed to when you are working remotely, then working from home is always your work space and you are used to being productive. So those days in a hybrid work situation, it is more effort to get the same amount of work done, as is as expected from you when you are at the office.

It should be wholly one way or the other.
Oof. I don't think I'm buying what you're selling.

I love how we talk about Mako-Ville like it's a 3rd world country.
Of course, they probably talk about the cities some of us live in like it's a 3rd world country.

I can never type "dispel" and "myth" together without thinking of little Marco
He should have never survived that. He's still running the same software too. Or malware I guess.

I have been at my home during work hours for probably 300 days of my working life. I’ve done maybe 15 days of actual work during that time, and 12 of them were like up against a deadline working half drunk at 10pm because I couldn’t procrastinate any more. So like 3 days of actual legit WFH.

It's pretty up where mako lives. But you have to watch out for the meth-heads, bears, bigfoots, and gun nuts.

I might as well just setup a beach chair in my front yard and wait for the Amazon guy to come because that would be as productive as checking the tracking every 2 minutes

I might as well just setup a beach chair in my front yard and wait for the Amazon guy to come because that would be as productive as checking the tracking every 2 minutes
with the app you can track where exactly the truck is when it's getting close

When you do both, you think you are as productive at home as you are at the office?
More productive at home, granted I have a great home office set up. When I go into the building I have to sit in a cube which I find to be much more distracting and the building itself kind of sucks - it's dark and dated - so its just kind of bad vibes there. I have worked in much nicer buildings and still found the open-office / cube life to be very distracting.

I think having a dedicated work space for working from home is really important to help trigger the brain into 'work mode' and to be able to shut it off for a brain break or at the end of the day when it's time to transition back to dad/husband mode.

More productive at home, granted I have a great home office set up. When I go into the building I have to sit in a cube which I find to be much more distracting and the building itself kind of sucks - it's dark and dated - so its just kind of bad vibes there. I have worked in much nicer buildings and still found the open-office / cube life to be very distracting.
Makes sense

I think having a dedicated work space for working from home is really important to help trigger the brain into 'work mode' and to be able to shut it off for a brain break or at the end of the day when it's time to transition back to dad/husband mode.
Yep. This. I also have routines that signal it's working time e.g. I always shower/get dressed for the day and wear shoes (here comes the shoes in the house debate) so my body knows I'm not in lounge mode.

If I'm having trouble getting started for the day (and am not already ahead on work I need to get done), I'll take a 20 minute walk to "commute".

I go in 4-5 days per week. I find I'm more productive in the office. I have a decent set-up at home with a desk in the guest room, which is where I can listen to records. But I have a bad habit of starting off the day unshowered on the couch. I usually shower late morning then head upstairs after lunch.

I generally like being in the office plus since I'm at a brewery it's easy to grab a beer with coworkers afterward.

I think a big part of it for me is I simply don’t like being in the same place all the time. I legitimately think I went a little crazy during Covid but those circumstances were obviously a little different since you literally couldn’t go anywhere. Maybe I could do it more frequently now (if I re-homed my dogs).

When I are working from the office, that is my work space, so when i are use to going into the office, and then work from home, i do not feel as work focused, and thus not as productive. As opposed to when i are working remotely, then working from home is always my work space and i are used to being productive. So those days in a hybrid work situation, it is more effort to get me the same amount of work done, as is as expected from me when i are at the office.

It should be wholly one way or the other for me
I spent entirely too much time fify

Also, your subject verb tense is terrible. No wonder she hated your writing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back