• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Current NC resident WFU students

What a weird way to pay for an education. Essentially it's pay for part of it, get a coupon for some of it, and put the rest on a credit card.

Except a credit card debt can be discharged in bankruptcy.

Except those numbers include student loans, which actually increase the cost of attendance. It's a terrible misleading stat.

Hm I'll have to dig more because scholarships and grants are not loans.

ETA: Based on Wake's online cost of attendance calculator, I am not sure what you said is right. "Need based" is itemized as Need-based scholarships and loans/work-study as "self help."

Last edited:
I wonder what percentage of Wake alumni children would qualify for need based assistance........probably almost none......as such I wonder how many Wake alumni children who are actually accepted (and would have to pay the full 65k) choose to attend Wake...

I wonder what percentage of Wake alumni children would qualify for need based assistance........probably almost none......as such I wonder how many Wake alumni children who are actually accepted (and would have to pay the full 65k) choose to attend Wake...

The calculation I ran on the calculator above spit out around $20,000 in need based assistance for a family making a combined $150,000 a year, with a $400,000 house and $550,000 in savings.

This also leads me to believe that loans are not included in that number "The average total financial aid amount from Wake Forest to undergraduate students is $32,015, according to the report. About 39 percent of freshmen received financial aid, while 34 percent of undergrads did. Financial aid beyond what the university provides is available in the form of scholarships, work study and loans."

The calculation I ran on the calculator above spit out around $20,000 in need based assistance for a family making a combined $150,000 a year, with a $400,000 house and $550,000 in savings.

Yeah, and that's for a family with just one kid in college and I assume that calculation includes no mortgage on the home.

This also leads me to believe that loans are not included in that number "The average total financial aid amount from Wake Forest to undergraduate students is $32,015, according to the report. About 39 percent of freshmen received financial aid, while 34 percent of undergrads did. Financial aid beyond what the university provides is available in the form of scholarships, work study and loans."

Fair enough - I've seen loans lumped into the aid calculation before as it counts loans that are provided by the school, such as Perkins loans.

Nah.

This is about 6 times longer than the average keeper post.

Back