• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Cuse @ Wake 12:00PM Kick-Off for Homecoming (as expected)

Atrocious first half for the offense wasted a good effort by the defense. Offense got it together a little in the second, but the defense lost any semblance of ability to contain dungey. Was a painful game to watch. Defense needs a complete overhaul.

Did anyone else think Scotty pulled up or gave up on that long route when he was open but missed? Hitting that pass would have been a huge difference maker in the game.

Yes, Scotty acts like his length was going to get him there and never seems to go all out in a pattern. Hope he clicks soon like late last year.

Absolutely !!! He also needs to switch mode to defender when the pass is to be likely intercepted ( in end zone today)

Sam made the rookie mistake on the late int to Scotty of throwing it on a line from the far hash. A jump ball needs to be thrown up where the 6'5" guy has the advantage. Frustrating game but not for lack of defensive effort, defense needs to execute scheme with more discipline. Dortch made 2 true sticky fingertip catches today that were awesome.

ClintonL68 is spot on here.

Overall the defense kept us in the game early on (even without Basham) but the o-line was hot garbage and Hartman was definitely off today. But if he completes the 1st half wide open pass to Colburn or puts enough air under the ball to Washington down the left sideline it’s a down to the wire game in my opinion.

But seeing as the defense would have trouble stopping a high school team the offense has zero margin for error. And with a true frosh QB that’s a recipe for disaster.[/QUOTE

There was plenty of air under the ball. Scotty stopped running. Not sure what goes through that guys mind. Apparently not too much at critical times.

Atrocious first half for the offense wasted a good effort by the defense. Offense got it together a little in the second, but the defense lost any semblance of ability to contain dungey. Was a painful game to watch. Defense needs a complete overhaul.

Did anyone else think Scotty pulled up or gave up on that long route when he was open but missed? Hitting that pass would have been a huge difference maker in the game.

yes. he stopped running, and then realized the ball was headed his way. Head case.

yes. he stopped running, and then realized the ball was headed his way. Head case.

Some guys are convinced that they’re doing all they can. He’s not, but he’s convinced. Hate to single him out. And he’s not the only one kidding themselves. OL must have thought they were playing Louisville or Towson today. Hartman seems to never settle down against tougher competition. Deacs really blew the opportunities against FSU and Cuse as they began both games with a 10 point lead only to hand both games back to their opponents.

Congrats to my fellow Deac fans who flew to Vegas to bet the mortgage again and take the easy money.

Bunch of guys say they set the spreads and the final result comes close to the spread but we all know that seldom happens.

We knew our spread was off a couple touchdowns and we knew Klempton would beat Louisville by a ton more than that 37 point spread.

I thought the offensive line got thoroughly whipped all game long. They’ve been a disappointment this season with all the preseason hype around them. Tough to win any games when you have all the sacks, penalties and lose the turnover battle 3-0.

I thought the wind may affected the missed pass to Washington. It sailed more than he expected. So yes it looked like he slowed up but I think he may have misread the pass. There was a reason the passing yards were low for both teams in the 1st half.

Wake’s record in matte black helmets vs gold helmets needs to be addressed.

When we rushed only 3 it was just inviting Dungey to run, way too much room form him to maneuver. Why didn’t we at least have somebody spying Dungey in those situations. Yeah I know it takes a body out of coverage, but Dungey killed us with his legs.

Just for the record, the coaches did put a spy on Dungey and the tv coverage even did a little isolation video of it. You can go back and watch whoever it was just brutally blow the assignment and overrun Dungey on a couple critical scrambles. He didn't look all that elusive but he was elusive enough that our spy didn't even get a hand on him. I remember thinking that it must be so brutal as a coach to put out a 3rd and 15 defense in a must-stop situation that locks down the receivers and spies the QB, baits him into scrambling right into our guy, then have him blow it. And then you have to read things like "why didn't they spy Dungey" on the internet afterward.

Just for the record, the coaches did put a spy on Dungey and the tv coverage even did a little isolation video of it. You can go back and watch whoever it was just brutally blow the assignment and overrun Dungey on a couple critical scrambles. He didn't look all that elusive but he was elusive enough that our spy didn't even get a hand on him. I remember thinking that it must be so brutal as a coach to put out a 3rd and 15 defense in a must-stop situation that locks down the receivers and spies the QB, baits him into scrambling right into our guy, then have him blow it. And then you have to read things like "why didn't they spy Dungey" on the internet afterward.

Thanks for that. Whoever spied Dungey must have done an extremely pour job, because from the stands I didn’t notice anybody within 10 yards of him other than the 3 guys we rushed. Of course watching on TV with replays and analysis allows you to see things that can easily be missed watching only one angle in real speed from the stands.

There was a spy on him all game seems like Cameron Glen missed two or three assignments on those crucial scrambles

ClintonL68 is spot on here.

Overall the defense kept us in the game early on (even without Basham) but the o-line was hot garbage and Hartman was definitely off today. But if he completes the 1st half wide open pass to Colburn or puts enough air under the ball to Washington down the left sideline it’s a down to the wire game in my opinion.

But seeing as the defense would have trouble stopping a high school team the offense has zero margin for error. And with a true frosh QB that’s a recipe for disaster.[/QUOTE

There was plenty of air under the ball. Scotty stopped running. Not sure what goes through that guys mind. Apparently not too much at critical times.

I was at the game. With the pass to Colburn, he (Colburn) tripped himself up running. Washington, yes, should've run his route out. IMO, those two plays were pivotal as far as momentum early on. Overall, I thought the team played well given who they have healthy but to me this game was about playing mistake free, assignment ball and is what made the biggest difference.

Does anybody know if Clawson really wanted us to receive the opening kick yesterday? We won the toss I thought and the ref announced we were receiving. Clawson looked like he was not happy with our captains when they got to the sideline. Of course Cuse scores right before the half and scored again on the opening possession of the 2nd half.

Does anybody know if Clawson really wanted us to receive the opening kick yesterday? We won the toss I thought and the ref announced we were receiving. Clawson looked like he was not happy with our captains when they got to the sideline. Of course Cuse scores right before the half and scored again on the opening possession of the 2nd half.

I was watching Clawson, he was clearly upset and seemed to be chewing out one of our co-captains.

I was watching Clawson, he was clearly upset and seemed to be chewing out one of our co-captains.

Yep, I think it was Phil Haynes. Clawson has stated several times how much he “loves that kid.” Looked like he was showing him some tough love at that moment.

Back