• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Cuse @ Wake 12:00PM Kick-Off for Homecoming (as expected)

Spread will only be 7 so bunch of folks will fly to Vegas and bet the mortgage knowing we will go down 48-14

Let’s get some turnovers and third down stops and prove em wrong!

Syracuse achieved bowl eligibility for the first time in 5 years and did it by beating a top 25 team at home. Potential for a letdown which could benefit us.

Yeah we gave up 35 to a QB who was overthrowing dudes all day and had as many INTs as TDs entering the game. Dungey is different.

Syracuse achieved bowl eligibility for the first time in 5 years and did it by beating a top 25 team at home. Potential for a letdown which could benefit us.

Unfortunately since we’ve beat them the past 2 years, including that incredible 2nd half we put on them last year, I think we’ll get their full attention.

Unfortunately since we’ve beat them the past 2 years, including that incredible 2nd half we put on them last year, I think we’ll get their full attention.
Very possible. I'm sure Babers will remind them of that. Hopefully they don't listen.

Wake opens at +6.5. Already bet down to 4.5.

That seems really low to me. Syracuse lost to Clemson by 4 in Death Valley and throttled FSU. I realize Vegas doesn’t set lines based on the transitive property, but those two games against common opponents would seem to indicate Syracuse is on a different level than we are.

They will spread us out. Our worst enemy.

DCs will call a soft defense in the secondary most of the way and hopefully our offense can keep up with the scoring into the 4th quarter. This is a must win but what else is new. Interestingly, our next two opponents are likely more vulnerable than our last two. Duke and Pitt are almost as good as BC.

We continue to be fairly stout up the middle. We get hammered on the edge rush because we just don't have the linebackers to make plays. Honestly, we didn't have them in Game 1 when we were healthier. Glenn and to a lesser extent Chuck Wade cannot make every tackle that is not up the middle.

I do think our corners are playing a lot better. Having Henderson helps tons mostly because he is clearly our 2nd best corner. Taylor is okay right now as the 3rd corner, not good as the 2nd. We should also pick up some frosh who will retain their redshirt while playing. That might help. I think Greer has helped tons as well. Not saying our secondary is good. They just aren't atrocious right now. What was killing us there for a few weeks is broken coverage. I only saw one broken cover on Saturday - the one where that little kid got wide open behind the corner - we were lucky the throw drove him out of bounds.

The other thing I noticed is that our 1st down sweep is soooo much more successful than our bull run up the middle. I get that you can't really do the sweep and still keep the pass option, but I would hope our adjustment is to go with the sweep on 1st down and the run pass option on 2nd instead of vice versa.

Has anyone noticed the balance of our offense, through 8 games, we have 14 rushing TD's and 14 receiving TD's. 1861 Rushing yards, to 1786 Receiving Yards. Leading rusher and leading receiver both have 5 TD's

Last edited:
Has anyone noticed the balance of our offense, through 8 games, we have 14 rushing TD's and 14 receiving TD's. 1861 Rushing yards, to 1786 Receiving Yards. Leading rusher and leading receiver both have 5 TD's

Now I have. Thanks.

The potentially fun close to our season - one I am somewhat optimistic about now - is due to the fact that Hartman has weathered the storm and we are now set to face four teams who have almost as suspect defenses as we do. They certainly are not ND, Clemson, or even Florida State. Duke may be the best defensive team of the four. State will have the best front 7, but still, hoping he can continue to throw off his front leg and play calm. We should be okay offensively if that happens. I think teams will need 35+ points to beat us. Of course, only Rice, Towson, and Tulane have scored less than 35 on us so far this year. Louisville's 35 is actually a market improvement.

Very surprised the line isn’t more. Though our offense was impressive Saturday.

DCs will call a soft defense in the secondary most of the way and hopefully our offense can keep up with the scoring into the 4th quarter. This is a must win but what else is new. Interestingly, our next two opponents are likely more vulnerable than our last two. Duke and Pitt are almost as good as BC.

Per ESPN football power ratings, Pitt is by far our most likely win.

Back