• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Cuse @ Wake 12:00PM Kick-Off for Homecoming (as expected)

Yeah Wake will be close to a toss up hosting Pitt, likely +9 or 9.5 at Duke, and +14 or +15 against State.

Order as far as "ease" of wins are: Pitt, Cuse, Duke, State. Need two let's get the job done.

Must.Score.49+.To.Have.A.Chance.

Based on last Saturday's offensive output by ALL FOUR of our remaining opponents, I'm thinking more like 65 in each case.

The O/U guesses are going to be record setting !!

Now I have. Thanks.

The potentially fun close to our season - one I am somewhat optimistic about now - is due to the fact that Hartman has weathered the storm and we are now set to face four teams who have almost as suspect defenses as we do. They certainly are not ND, Clemson, or even Florida State. Duke may be the best defensive team of the four. State will have the best front 7, but still, hoping he can continue to throw off his front leg and play calm. We should be okay offensively if that happens. I think teams will need 35+ points to beat us. Of course, only Rice, Towson, and Tulane have scored less than 35 on us so far this year. Louisville's 35 is actually a market improvement.

Duke has about as many injuries on defense that Wake does. They could not stop Pitt at all. If Wake can just get a little bit healthier, that looks like more of a winnable game than 4 weeks ago. Pitt could not stop Duke, either. All 4 remaining games suddenly seem winnable, competitive at least.

Going to need to win the TO battle by 2 against any of our last 4 games to win. I know the Ds we are playing are bad, but they are nowhere near WF bad and they are much better Ds than UL. On top of that they all have great QBs that will carve our secondary up, so as others have said we will need to score 40-50+ and win TO battle. SU and Pitt both won this past weekend because they won the TO battle as SU got the only TO with the last INT of Finley which lead to the TD to seal the win for the Orange.

The ACC this year is like the Big 12 and the Pac-10 several years ago. It seems like the average ACC conference score these days is 48-32 or something like that.

The ACC this year is like the Big 12 and the Pac-10 several years ago. It seems like the average ACC conference score these days is 48-32 or something like that.

Yes, but do you not prefer it seasons where we score 20 TD's all season? We have the personnel to win these kind of boat race games. I like Wake's chances in 40-50 point win than trying to slog it out. Also, Touchdown's are fun to watch. The back half of the season is going to be fun to watch, more toss up games.

That seems really low to me. Syracuse lost to Clemson by 4 in Death Valley and throttled FSU. I realize Vegas doesn’t set lines based on the transitive property, but those two games against common opponents would seem to indicate Syracuse is on a different level than we are.

Folks in here say it doesn’t always work but it always has for our games:

Don't be surprised.

You google the Sagarin college football rankings once they are updated after the Saturday games and compare the difference and then factor in 3.5 for the home field. So Syracuse is 76 we are 68 so we will be 4 or 5 point dogs and would be 11-12 if at Syracuse. That will always get you close at least for every game I’ve ever looked at regardless of what some folks say.

Bunch of folks will fly to Vegas and bet the mortgage on Cuse knowing we will lose in a 48-14 type game.

Let’s get some fourth down stops and turnovers and prove them wrong!

Yes, but do you not prefer it seasons where we score 20 TD's all season? We have the personnel to win these kind of boat race games. I like Wake's chances in 40-50 point win than trying to slog it out. Also, Touchdown's are fun to watch. The back half of the season is going to be fun to watch, more toss up games.

I am not complaining.

BTW, Dungey has had a strange year, considering he is a senior. He has been replaced twice due to accuracy struggles. Kid is a warrior though. In years past, this would give me hope as our defense used to play a style that could only be dominated by a super accurate QB or one that could run all over you. Maybe we will change it up against Cuse, but if we play the style of D - not talking quality - the style where we essentially give the WR some space and force the opponent to take 8-12 plays and patiently drive the ball to score - we will get killed. Dungey will take that all day. We are going to have to play tighter coverage and hope Dungey is having one of his accuracy issues days. I would rather risk a few long passes vs. Syracuse than let Dungey go 45-65 throwing the ball on 8 yard dunks all day.

ESPN has us ranked 11th in the ACC this week, ahead of FSU, UNC, and Louisville. They also called us the “Wake Forest Commodores. Facepalm

ESPN has us ranked 11th in the ACC this week, ahead of FSU, UNC, and Louisville. They also called us the “Wake Forest Commodores. Facepalm

So where did the Vanderbilt Demon Deacons rank in the SEC this week?

They were thinking about our basketball team, the commode-doors. #toilets

So where did the Vanderbilt Demon Deacons rank in the SEC this week?

In a conversation on Sunday in WF's home city with about 6 men (none with degrees from schools in the Triangle) there was lamentation for football failure this past Saturday for State, Duke, and UNC. There was no mention of the ACC team in town. To turn this college football conversation to something positive I referenced the local Winston Salem team that enjoyed some success on Saturday. All I got was this deer in the headlights look. Guys had no clue. When I filled in the blank saying Wake Forest I got an "Oh well" response. Public perception about WF and football is not easily changed by a 4-4 season nor easily changed by a couple of winning seasons including a win over an SEC opponent in a bowl game in state. No wonder the national folks get it wrong all the time when some of the home town folks have trouble even remembering WF. Sisyphus had it better! And thank goodness the Journal is letting Connor O'Neil do his thing!

Bought tix off StubHub last week and tonight I got an email from them that the game time changed to 1:00. Anyone else receive the same?

It's Homecoming weekend in North Carolina. Other schools playing their Homecoming games this Saturday: NC State, UNC-CH, Elon, and the Greatest Homecoming on Earth at NC A&T.

NC Central as well.

Back