• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Cutting the Cord (Ditching TV, not having a baby)

Just switched to PS Vue when Hulu Live quick working. Much better guide although weird in that the axis is flipped, if that makes sense. You scroll left and right rather than up and down. But it still better. Plus it meshes better with Fire Tv - it works with amazon’s guide.

Use it and love it.

Pretty sure there are lots of posts above from the last few months of other users talking about their experiences. My recollection is that most love it as well.

Yes, my buddy has it and it is really good. I’d have gone with it but the Amazon universe plays a bit nicer with PSV.

Pretty sure I'm going to switch to YouTube TV at the end of the year. Thanks to everybody for their comments.

Anyone using YouTube TV? How is it?

Just switched to YouTube TV from Spectrum. Use Apple TV on the main tv and Chromecast on others. Love having Spotify for living room speakers. So far, so good. Over $100 savings/month.

I have a roku and a chromecast. The roku is used everyday. The chromecast is collecting dust. Doesn't even compare.

Interesting. I have one Chromecast device that I'm rotating outside of the living room while testing. Maybe I need to get a roku.

I think I'm ditching Sling for YTTV. The price and channel lineups are essentially the same, but the unlimited DVR is a ridiculous kicker.

Sling recently dropped the Fox Sports Regionals (it's unclear how long this dispute may last) and they don't have an agreement with the ACCN yet, either. To be sure, I'll miss the NFL/NHL Networks and RedZone.

Going to start my free trial today just to confirm my initial feelings.

Checking back in to say YTTV is great.

I’m pretty happy with my YTTV plus Roku setup I put in a couple months ago. I do miss Comedy Central but the experience has been good overall.

We switched a couple of weeks ago to YTTV. Been really happy with it so far.

Only issue is that a lot of the shows that we DVR still have short commercial breaks. Apparently that was the deal with some of the networks. Hasn’t really been an issue.

That means you are probably selecting the VOD recording and not the actual recording. The actual recording you can ff through commercials. VOD recordings might have better video and audio quality though

I’m pretty happy with my YTTV plus Roku setup I put in a couple months ago. I do miss Comedy Central but the experience has been good overall.

That's not a dealbreaker, but pretty big miss. What other common channels aren't on YouTube TV?

Isn't comedy Central part of viacom? They do t have deal with Viacom, so don't have any of their channels.

I just officially cancelled the cable part of my Xfinity service. I did the trial of YouTubeTV for the Utah St game, then did a trial of Hulu Live TV for another game (BC maybe?) - and liked YTTV much much better. So I resumed YTTV a couple of weeks ago and plan and keeping it. I couldn't get them to give me a promo rate on the internet, as I still have time left on my last 2 yr agreement, so I'll be paying $70/month for just net (200 mbps I think). Still a big savings over what we were paying for cable/net.

Here is a YTTV question. Is there a way to either slow motion and/or speed up playback? Right now it just jumps ahead in 15 second increments if I pause/get behind. I'm using a Roku, if that matters.

I think I'm ditching Sling for YTTV. The price and channel lineups are essentially the same, but the unlimited DVR is a ridiculous kicker.

Sling recently dropped the Fox Sports Regionals (it's unclear how long this dispute may last) and they don't have an agreement with the ACCN yet, either. To be sure, I'll miss the NFL/NHL Networks and RedZone.

Going to start my free trial today just to confirm my initial feelings.

Is YouTube TV better? Just curious because I have had Sling for a couple months, like RedZone and has a ton of college football games, the access to on-demand movies is great and the DVR hasn't been a big issue. I made the choice on Sling without really doing much research, though, was really just looking for RedZone and the ACC Network.

Is YouTube TV better? Just curious because I have had Sling for a couple months, like RedZone and has a ton of college football games, the access to on-demand movies is great and the DVR hasn't been a big issue. I made the choice on Sling without really doing much research, though, was really just looking for RedZone and the ACC Network.

Comparison of all the current live streaming services. Cord Cutters usually does this the first of each month. Link I have is September which is still current:

https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/pla...atch-tv-vs-att-tv-now-updated-september-2019/

Thanks to the folks on this thread and the ACCN thread I switched to Roku and YouTube TV in September after years with Spectrum. Picture quality is outstanding. Channel line up offers options I watch frequently and weren't available with Spectrum. Saving $90/month. My niece bought Roku and used my YTTV and is saving $70 month. That will become $120/month when her intro to Spectrum ends. Everything I want to record for later viewing is immediately available and I doubt I'll ever watch all the movies available.

Back