• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Cutting the Cord (Ditching TV, not having a baby)

Uh yeah that is a game changer. I wonder if they’ll still be working on getting that agreement back up and running or if it’s totally dead.

Youtube TV losing all local fox sports channels as of tomorrow. Massive hit

Link? Are the local NBC Sports channels in jeopardy? I'm about to pull the trigger on YTTV, but absolutely won't if I can't get local sports.

It’s Sinclair media so it’s YES and local fox sports

Youtube TV losing all local fox sports channels as of tomorrow. Massive hit

Uh yeah that is a game changer. I wonder if they’ll still be working on getting that agreement back up and running or if it’s totally dead.

it's not quite the same, but FOX killed access to their standalone apps on Roku right before the Super Bowl, but they negotiated a deal a day later

could be the same kind of play here

Yeah I’ll give them a couple weeks or a month to work it out since I otherwise really like the platform.

But then it’s Sinclair so they’re probably trying to wedge in some awful Trump propaganda to all the YouTube platforms. So the world might be a better place if such a deal doesn’t get done.

Not holding my breath. This happened to PSVue, Dish, Sling, and Fubo over the past 9 months. None have added it back.

Sinclair seems like the corporate avatar of Mr. Burns from The Simpsons.

Not holding my breath. This happened to PSVue, Dish, Sling, and Fubo over the past 9 months. None have added it back.

Any idea what Sinclair's long term plan is? Moving away from streaming and back toward traditional cable does not seem like a good move.

This. One of the reasons I left Sling was because of this bullshit. I really like YTTV, so I guess I'll be watching sports "streams" more regularly.

Fuck Sinclair.

Since YTTV is clean as the driven snow, we're sure they will drop our rates now that we aren't getting these fox regional sports channels. Wait, no...

Crap - haven't heard about that. Watching the Lightning play on Fox Sports Sun via YTTV right now. Can probably survive for a few weeks without it, but will definitely need it come playoffs. Hopefully something gets worked out soon. Right now I can't get ACCN on cable and won't be able to get local sports on YTTV. I wasn't too keen on Hulu Live when I tried it out, but that may have to be a short term solution at some point. It's hard to believe it's so hard to get all the channels you want in 2020. I certainly can get a ton of channels I could care less about though.

Last August: Everybody needs to get YouTubeTV to watch ACC Football!!!!

This August: Everybody needs to get cable to watch ACC Football!!!!

All is forgiven if Sinclair starts a Fox Sports streaming service for a reasonable price point and no contract.

If today is the last day - then no WF/ND game for me tomorrow (and I would imagine others on here). That would be a bigger deal if we were good - but I would at least like the option.

Any idea what Sinclair's long term plan is? Moving away from streaming and back toward traditional cable does not seem like a good move.

Most likely they believe that sports fans will complain to their provider until the provider comes back and gives Sinclair more money. So long as it was just one or two services that didn't offer Fox Sports channels, then customers could hop to one of the ones that did. Now that the channels are gone from all of them, perhaps Sinclair goes back and asks one if they would like to negotiate again.

Edit to add: They're still on Hulu, so it hasn't quite gotten to this point yet. Once their contract is up, I'm sure it will though.

Last edited:
I think its interesting that Youtube.TV has been a sponsor of the World Series the past few seasons and now baseball fans living in Arizona, Atlanta, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Detroit, Kansas City, LA Angels, Miami, Milwaukee, Minnesota, NY Yankees, St. Louis, San Diego, Tampa Bay, and Texas won't be able to watch their local team on Youtube.tv unless a deal is reached. Typically, these things last 2-6 weeks, but Sinclair has more leverage than ever and might hold out until YouTube pays the right amount.

Do we know how much more Sinclair was asking for?

I don't believe it has been leaked. I'm sure the streaming providers will eventually leak the number though. Public opinion usually goes against the cable company or streaming provider because that's the party that fans see immediately not having the game they want to watch When they break down the numbers, that opinion can shift. If YouTubeTV said something like, "Based on the best deal we could get from Sinclair, it would have increased our prices by $8.32 per subscription," then I think a lot of fans would get annoyed at Sinclair instead.

Back